Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are people forgetting Mosley got shut out vs Winky and Forrest too?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
    Lets keep it real, Mosley struggles with Black fighters who know how to box, I dont cinsider his fight with Cotto a struggle, that fight was more a draw, Shane likes his chances vs Pac because of his limited boxing and defensive skills. Thats all he's saying in interviews, Pac...unlike Mayweather, is hittable. So therefore he's going to do a Rocky 6 and just go for power shots.
    115-113 on 2 scorecards and that was in MSG, Cotto's second home. You know when you get close scores in a fighters hometown, the scores would have been even closer in neutral grounds. If the fight was in Vegas, Mosley could have won on the cards or the better decision would have been a draw. People who say "Cotto outboxed Mosley" or outright say Cotto won that fight, need to watch the fight again and actually score it. Only time I saw Cotto outboxing Mosley was in rounds 5, 6, and 7. It was back to back action from 1-4, from 8-12 it was just Cotto running and Mosley being the aggressor. Cotto did attempt to outbox Mosley while running but he failed and was getting caught with a lot flush shots.

Comment

Mosley pretty much struggles with anyone who has a decent jab.

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
        Lets keep it real, Mosley struggles with Black fighters who know how to box, I dont cinsider his fight with Cotto a struggle, that fight was more a draw, Shane likes his chances vs Pac because of his limited boxing and defensive skills. Thats all he's saying in interviews, Pac...unlike Mayweather, is hittable. So therefore he's going to do a Rocky 6 and just go for power shots.
        yeah... just throw the rican under the bus...

forrest and winky also had good size advantages over mosley. that's why mosley had trouble with mora as well who is bigger than mosley.

against wifebeater, he was just outclassed.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
          Floyd beats him in 2001 too.
          I dunno about that.. if mosley hurts floyd like he didn in the 2nd round, I think the 2001 version of mosley could possibly end the fight early.

but definitely the version of mosley that beat dlh would have a really good chance to beat wifebeater.

Comment

They were taller fighters with defense n a jab...Mosley will have alot more opportunities with Pac. I don't expect him to win but he will have a chance to land something big

Comment

Working...
            X