In a 12 round Welterweight fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a 12 round Welterweight fight...

Is Tommy Hearns the be all, end all?
    Last edited by -GDS-; 04-23-2010, 01:56 AM.

Huh?... can you revise your question

Comment

Meaning, is there anyone that you would pick over Hearns in a 12 round welterweight fight?

Comment

I think tommy is one the best!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
          Meaning, is there anyone that you would pick over Hearns in a 12 round welterweight fight?
          hell yea... Sugar Ray Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Ekscape View Post
            hell yea... Sugar Ray Leonard
            Why? If the first fight was a 12 round fight. Hearns would of won...

Comment

Ummmmm, didn't Sugar Ray Leonard prove superiority in the ring?

I could've sworn Leonard broke Tommy down in an epic fight while they were both in their respective primes.

Seeing as how SRR had an iron chin to match his skills, talent, and determination (didn't hurt that he was 5'11), I would pick him over The Hitman too.

Considering the 100+ year history of boxing and the millions that have fought at 147, it's not bad that there are less than a handful of fighters that would be a good choice or the favorite against TH.

Comment

well, there's no one right now i'd pick over him in 12 rounds

Comment

There's no one that I would favor over him in a 12 round fight, not Ray Leonard, not even Robinson.

Comment

I wouldn't bet against Leonard just because he was down on the cards when he stopped Hearns.

It's not like Leonard is going to fight the exact same way in the 11th round of a 12 rounder as he did in their scheduled 15 rounder, knowing there's only two rounds left.

The footage of Robinson at WW is so crappy and grainy that I barely watched any of it. Watching him at MW though and knowing he's better at WW, it's hard to pick against him.

Comment

Working...
                    X