Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatching Thurman vs Porter + Poll on who won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had it 115-113 Thurman. A draw would have been fine as well. Hope they have a rematch before 2016 ends.

Comment

Lets get more votes in

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
        4-1 Thurman, hardest round of the fight to score so far, both guys landed in the exchanges, again I thought Thurman landed more of them, especially towards the end. Very close round though.
        Didn't Dwyer say he had it 4-1 for Porter at this point? Lol tough fight to call but I admit I did have it 115-113 Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post
          Didn't Dwyer say he had it 4-1 for Porter at this point? Lol tough fight to call but I admit I did have it 115-113 Thurman.
          Dwyer is a good guy but sometimes he says some of the most ******ed ****, I wouldn't be surprised if he had Porter winning like 10-2

Comment

Dwyer is a good guy but sometimes he says some of the most ******ed ****, I wouldn't be surprised if he had Porter winning like 10-2
            He had it 8-4 for Porter, which is suspect in my book. I had it 7-5 for Thurman, but 2 of my buddies that watched the fight with me thought Porter won 7-5. Close fight that in all honesty if the fight was 7-5 either way or a draw, I would'nt of been mad at the outcome. 8-4 for either guy seems a tad lopsided unless you were just giving all the close rounds to one guy or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
              He had it 8-4 for Porter, which is suspect in my book. I had it 7-5 for Thurman, but 2 of my buddies that watched the fight with me thought Porter won 7-5. Close fight that in all honesty if the fight was 7-5 either way or a draw, I would'nt of been mad at the outcome. 8-4 for either guy seems a tad lopsided unless you were just giving all the close rounds to one guy or the other.
              lol not surprised, Dwyer is alright tho.

I had it 8-4 Thurman first time I watched it and 7-5 when I rewatched but I gave Shawn the benefit of the doubt in a couple rounds. Definitely a close and competitive fight, but I can't find more than 5 rounds I can give Porter.

I think we'll see a rematch one day, but not quite yet.

I wanna see Keith vs Danny and Shawn in an easy fight against a good name, somebody like Guerrero, just to ease back into the rebuilding process. Shawn is gonna be around for a long time and beat a lot of guys.

Btw did you know Porter was the last guy to beat Andrade in the ams? Porter has an insanely good amateur resume, he has beaten guys like Usyk, Andrade, Jacobs which is incredible

Comment

I thought Porter got robbed personally. It wasn't a blowout, but I thought he looked the more effective one throughout most of the fight to deserve the decision. It should have been scored a draw at the very least, and a rematch should definitely be held because nothing was really proven Saturday night (I'd say the same thing if Porter had gotten the win.)

Comment

Thurman 1,3,4,5,8,10,11,12

Porter 2,6,7,9

Rewatched round 8 twice, only round I struggled with.

So either 8-4/ 7-5 Thurman, can't see it any other way personally. Also, credit to Thurman, the energy he brought in the last 2 rounds, it's like he said to himself time to take it home. Thurman looked as energized as the early rounds while Porter couldn't pick it up for the last 2.
                  Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 06-27-2016, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I will post how I score each round as I'm rewatching
                    Well after 11 rounds i had thurman up a round. And that 12th was a close one. Id have to watch the 12th again to get a real total. So for me it was either a draw or a close 2 point win for Thurman.

To be honest i was so excited about the fight that i truly didnt care who won and was thankful for the performance both guys displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                      Well after 11 rounds i had thurman up a round. And that 12th was a close one. Id have to watch the 12th again to get a real total. So for me it was either a draw or a close 2 point win for Thurman.

To be honest i was so excited about the fight that i truly didnt care who won and was thankful for the performance both guys displayed.
                      I gave Thurman the last two rounds clearly tbh, in the 12th he landed the best punches of the round including a very clean, flush uppercut. I liked how strong Thurman finished, I was expecting Shawn to finish stronger.

Comment

Working...
                      X