Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Hopkins vs. Cleverly is a Good Possibility

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleverly can get to the top of this division. With his work rate, speed and good chin he is very hard to take rounds from. It's a shame it's such a shallow division outside Dawson, Cloud, Hopkins and Shumenov (who all have their limitations).

Comment

hopkins is an a** hole,always has been ...a cherry picker taught by dlh...he is NO altime great...picture this fraud vs SRR or even closer generations, Carlos Monzon...hopkins gone by 9...his only punch after the 1/2 is the head...

Comment

Cleverly will lose that strap as soon as he faces someone half decent

Such as Hopkins

Comment

"Hopkins brings the name, the aura, the oney, and everybody wants to fight him....."

I can't imagine anybody paying money to watch Hopkins grunt, foul, snort, and clutch his way through a fight. So I don't see "big money" for Cleverley.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Looks like this is going to happen.
            B-Hop already has Barclays locked, and there's been buzz about them 2, so yes it does look like it's going down.

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Make it happen.

Clev sees Hopkins as an old man ripe for the taking.

Hopkins probably sees Clev as an inexperienced, no good green-teef and the most beatable champ.
            And that's a big mistake on B-Hop's part.....

Originally posted by Gordon_Gekko View Post
            Cleverly can get to the top of this division. With his work rate, speed and good chin he is very hard to take rounds from. It's a shame it's such a shallow division outside Dawson, Cloud, Hopkins and Shumenov (who all have their limitations).
            What about Campillo?

Comment

Why is this senior citizen still fighting? Someone put him in a home already.

Comment

Make it happen. In my eyes Hopkins has accomplished enough in this sport to be able to dictate when he's ready to call it quits.

Until then, I'm going to continue enjoy watching him achieve the impossible no matter how ugly it looks.

Comment

I was thinking about Cleverly-Campillo getting made. Campillo should be looking for a fight round about now since he hasn't fought since Cloud and that was in about February, I think.

Is the Murat-Cloud fight still on? Murat is a tough guy. That might be interesting.

175lb might be an interesting division next year.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                    hopkins is an a** hole,always has been ...a cherry picker taught by dlh...he is NO altime great...picture this fraud vs SRR or even closer generations, Carlos Monzon...hopkins gone by 9...his only punch after the 1/2 is the head...
                    HATER. Piss off.
                    Last edited by DigitalBeast; 11-13-2012, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cawadoody View Post
                      Why is this senior citizen still fighting? Someone put him in a home already.
                      Chances are that he'd beat the crap out of you if he really needed to. Just piss off with your "tough talk". The guy's a legend, while your kind are just internet *ssholes.

Comment

Working...
                      X