No announcement yet.

Wearing double socks in boxing shoes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing double socks in boxing shoes?

Im trying to order some boxing shoes from a website because I'm competing in 2 weeks. I wear size 10 shoe but 9.5 in training shoes(for more of a grip on my feet) but this company only makes size 9 & 10. So should I go size 10 and just double up my socks on each foot? 9 seems like they might be too tight and end up hurting. With my style I have my knees really bent, I bounce on my feet and use foot work alot. Sometimes when I make sudden/explosive moves on defense or offense I feel like my running shoes want to tip me over. So I guess when my bout comes up I would like to feel like my shoes are almost glued to my feet.

i dunno bout the two pairs of socks thing. i have some boots half a size too big and its cr*p for my footwork. however i'm not sure that and extra pair of socks would fit in neatly as it's only really the length of them that is the issues, they fit fairly close otherwise...
    i'll see if i can give it a try in the next day or two.

Comment

Shoes vary so much from brand to brand that you really don't know what size you'll be til you try them on. For instance, my Nike wrestlers in 13 were the same size as my 11.5 Asics. See if you can order both 9 and 10 and return the one that doesn't fit.

Also, my concern about double-socks would be heat build-up.

Comment

all i know is my lonsdales are size 12 and im size 11 on normal shoes

Comment

Working...
        X