Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rubio: Don't Be Surprised if Lemieux Shocks Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big GGG fan here and i am pretty sure Lemieux has enough power to drop GGG, why wouldnt he? If he lands a great punch that GGG doesnt anticipate / see it may happen. Lemieux has almost the same knockout percentage as GGG, anything can happen in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      GGG has one of the worst defenses of an elite level guy in boxing right now so I'm not gonna be shocked when he gets KO'd. Its gonna happen. I'd be surprised if GGG doesn't get KO'd sooner or later. Now if it happens in this next fight or 3 years from now who f#cking knows. I definitely think Lemieux has the power to hurt GGG & as mentioned I think GGG has a lacking defense that has him open to being hit, but I have serious doubts Lemieux has the talent to get into a position to hurt GGG or withstand the onslaught GGG will bring to be able to mount his own offense to the degree needed to KO GGG.
      He won't even lose a decision at 160, let alone by KO. Too weak of a division. Lem lacks skill, you just can't punch GGG and expect a KO, look at Stevens. You also need to have some skill, be able to box, like Kovalev or Thurman. 160 may or may not have some fighters with a "good punch" but they certainly lack skills there. Look at Lee, very good puncher, got TKO'ed by Vera and Chavez Jr, now takes over as a top 3 MW because it is so weak that even a fighter like him stands out. I mean Quillin fought to a draw with him. Chavez Jr is not an elite fighter and he would have most likely stopped everyone at 160 right now barring GGG and Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        If Curtis Stevens had the style of Amir Khan, Lara, or Bradley, moving around the ring with footwork, he would've beat GGG. Instead, he choose to stay in the pocket and go for a KO. I guess Stevens might not fancy, as other state, ''running,'' but they're confined in a ring for a reason. Use space to your advantage. There were some shots where Stevens literally rocked GGG half way the ring, starting from Curtis' rope a dope.
        Stevens fought GGG effectively, they are just two different class of fighters. Winky Wright was a less powerful fighter than Stevens, he would have used the same exact style and won, with less power. Just prime Winky is a different class of fighter, more skilled, more accurate, bigger, taller, better chin, than Stevens. Stevens at 5'7", less skilled, didn't have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
          Now or 3 years from now? A lot can happen in 3 years and anyone can get knocked out. That's not exactly narrowing it down. Your prediction appears to be of the generalized, 2-bit psychic variety.
          Wasn't trying to predict when GGG will get KO'd so much as saying its going to happen cuz his defense is a a big liability. And the landscape at 160 isn't very threatening from what I can see with what is doable at 160 after the Cotto/Canelo winner & who knows if GGG will move up & who'll be there when he does thus if he is capable of getting past Cotto/Canelo with his 0 intact idk who's the next threat for him at 160.

Comment

Lemieux to shock GGG

There you have it. i have been saying all along that Lemieux will shock GGG. And he will in a brutal, decisive fashion. GGG, whom I like very much, is in for a big surprise. Lemieux is both faster and hits harder than him. And he is also fearless. Put the Lemieux of today against the same Rubio and he would eat him alive. And I don't even think Rubio himself would dispute this.

Comment

Lemieux is going to make you eat up every single word that came out of your mentally challenged mouth. Dude, I'm from Montreal and personally saw Lemieux spar 12 rounders with Pascal and Artur Beterbiev (twice Kovalev's conqueror in the amateur ranks) both light heavyweights. I see Lemieux walking right thru GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                ppl who think lemieux has 0% chance have no clue about boxing. anything can happen especially if ur opponent has huge punching power also.

lemieux has: youth, size, power, and speed

people look back to lemieux's early losses but he was very young and GREEN. now he is more mature and learned a lot.
                Lemieux is actually smaller than GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by carolusdumus View Post
                  Lemieux is going to make you eat up every single word that came out of your mentally challenged mouth. Dude, I'm from Montreal and personally saw Lemieux spar 12 rounders with Pascal and Artur Beterbiev (twice Kovalev's conqueror in the amateur ranks) both light heavyweights. I see Lemieux walking right thru GGG.
                  You sound proof positive. With those odds you have to bet the house then. Come back and post that betting slip

Comment

Originally posted by carolusdumus View Post
                    Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    You sound proof positive. With those odds you have to bet the house then. Come back and post that betting slip
                    I was going to post the exact same thing, with that confidence and the
                    odds, he shouldn't have to work for a couple of years with all the dough
                    he thinks he will win.

I feel fairly confident of the other outcome with GGG
                    winning, but I sure wouldn't bet the house on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                      I'm sorry I still can't see Lemieux beating an Olympic silver medalist with over 400 Am fights and hits like a freight train.
                      Yea. GGG is way too technically sound and dangerous for Lemieux. Sure, Lemieux has freakish power, but he really really winds up on those shots, and they are frequently very wild.

Lemieux misses with tons of his power shots, he can get very wild. And you see how he has to position his body to get leverage into his shots to create that power.

GGG is very compact and accurate with his shots. I could see GGG koing Lemieux within the first two rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X