Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Impressive Title Reigns In Multiple Divisions: Floyd Mayweather Or Roy Jones Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not even close, RJJ resume, crushes Floyd's

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
      Roy beat Ruiz, who had an ABC belt and only because King wouldnt work well with Lennox otherwise Lennox would have had that belt.

Its a good win and all but it was a style picked that would work well for him and was the easiest way to a belt at heavy.

Floyd was lineal at 130, 135, would have been at 140 but Hatton's coach wouldnt allow the fight, then lineal at 147.

Jone's early career was impressive but towards the end his opposition was weak and the Ruiz win was good but still think mayweathers resume is better overall.
      I agree with you and I'm one of the biggest Jones jr. fans on the planet. To be honest, I don't see any big wins on his résumé other than Hopkins and Toney.

Comment

is this a serious question?
        Hopkins and Toney alone beats Floyd's resume
        then his HW belt, Hill, Reggie Johnson, Tarver 1, Griffin, etc
        Roy cleaned out and unified LHW, Floyd never cleaned out any division
        Roy>>>>>>>>>>>>>Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
          Roy>>>>>>>>>>>>>Floyd
          No, Toney and Hopkins are the only two really worth mentioning. I'm a Jones fan but I call it Like I see it

Comment

Roy Jones Jr. resume:

Bernard Hopkins
            Thulangi Malinga
            James Toney
            Antonio Tarver
            Montell Griffin
            Julio Cesar Gonzalez
            Mike McCallum
            Virgil Hill
            Lou Del Valle
            Clinton Woods
            Eric Harding
            Reggie Johnson
            John Ruiz (accomplished something that hadn't been done in 106 years)

We been through Floyd's resume thousands of times already so I'm not going to go through it again. But clearly Jones has the better wins and the more impressive run. And yes, I realize that a few of those names were past prime but so were a lot of Floyd's recent wins.

Comment

Roy's resume is much better than Mayweather's.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Roy Jones Jr. resume:

Bernard Hopkins
                Thulangi Malinga
                James Toney
                Antonio Tarver
                Montell Griffin
                Julio Cesar Gonzalez
                Mike McCallum
                Virgil Hill
                Lou Del Valle
                Clinton Woods
                Eric Harding
                Reggie Johnson
                John Ruiz (accomplished something that hadn't been done in 106 years)

We been through Floyd's resume thousands of times already so I'm not going to go through it again. But clearly Jones has the better wins and the more impressive run. And yes, I realize that a few of those names were past prime but so were a lot of Floyd's recent wins.
                Roy did have many great wins against his opposition, and the only reason I would say Roys Reign was more impressive; was his ability to finish fights impressively on a constant basis!

Comment

I voted for Jones without a doubt. Mayweather is great and he has done alot. Jones is even better and he has done more in my opinion. If Jones had retired after he won a piece of the heavyweight tittle his prestige would be higher. He hurt his legacy by fighting past prime. I don't hold those losses against but some do. If Mayweather loses a fight now at 36 it won't make me think less of him.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I voted for Jones without a doubt. Mayweather is great and he has done alot. Jones is even better and he has done more in my opinion. If Jones had retired after he won a piece of the heavyweight tittle his prestige would be higher. He hurt his legacy by fighting past prime. I don't hold those losses against but some do. If Mayweather loses a fight now at 36 it won't make me think less of him.
                    Jones should have retired after Tarver 1, losing 20lb of Muscle and regaining the lineal 175 title is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                      Roy>>>>>>>>>>>>>Floyd
                      exactly... Roy Jones JR's resume is way ahead by miles on Floyd's resume...

Comment

Working...
                      X