No announcement yet.

Felix Verdejo Offensive Skill Set

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felix Verdejo Offensive Skill Set

The kid was throwing ferocious uppercuts with both hands! He can throw 4-5 punch combinations like nothing. I am very impressed with him and I expect him to get stronger and gain more power when his body matures. But he must be brought up slowly.

Yep he will whoop Lomanchenko. He's 5"9 so he'll be going all the way to WW. Gonna be a great career to follow. That right uppercut he hurt the guy with was Glorious.

Comment

verdejo is the truth,,

BEST prospect today,,, even better than errol spence,,,,

Verdejo is p4p material no doubt,,

great poise, shot selection, pretty much everything about him is terrific

him and crawford will be top 5 on p4p lists in 2-3 years

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
        The kid was throwing ferocious uppercuts with both hands! He can throw 4-5 punch combinations like nothing. I am very impressed with him and I expect him to get stronger and gain more power when his body matures. But he must be brought up slowly.
        Verdejo certainly looks good. I'm not sure when was the last time I saw someone load up so much so often and still land cleanly. I'm not sure what to make of it. Felix's opponent was obviously tough, but I question Verdejo's ultimate power. You would think those shots would've KOed the guy. Then again, as you say, Felix is still maturing. It'll be interesting to see what he looks like in a couple of years. These early fights against weak opponents don't tell the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          verdejo is the truth,,

BEST prospect today,,, even better than errol spence,,,,

Verdejo is p4p material no doubt,,

great poise, shot selection, pretty much everything about him is terrific

him and crawford will be top 5 on p4p lists in 2-3 years
          Errol Spence? Daquan Arnett is better than him and is at 154. Is 2 years younger has more fights and against better competition. You only know Errol Spence because of the rumor about Broner
          Last edited by ImStillHere; 11-24-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Verdejo certainly looks good. I'm not sure when was the last time I saw someone load up so much so often and still land cleanly. I'm not sure what to make of it. Felix's opponent was obviously tough, but I question Verdejo's ultimate power. You would think those shots would've KOed the guy. Then again, as you say, Felix is still maturing. It'll be interesting to see what he looks like in a couple of years. These early fights against weak opponents don't tell the story.
            That guy clearly could take a beating.

Comment

He needs to be brought up slowly and let himself physically mature, as he still hasn't quite filled out. A lot of skills shown last night and when Muki showed he could the shots and just keep coming, Verdejo changed gears and decided to pile up points, loading up only when he knew he would land and not get countered. Very smart fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
                That guy clearly could take a beating.
                He took some monster shots right on the button and managed to stay on his feet. I thought he was a little too proud of himself for avoiding being KTFO, but he did show a nice beard. Those slo-mo shots of Verdejo landing were like watching a movie fight scene. They looked almost made up.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  He needs to be brought up slowly and let himself physically mature, as he still hasn't quite filled out. A lot of skills shown last night and when Muki showed he could the shots and just keep coming, Verdejo changed gears and decided to pile up points, loading up only when he knew he would land and not get countered. Very smart fighter.
                  I was also impressed by this. Felix was looking textbook out there. He showed great poise and smarts by not pressing. I'm looking forward to seeing what he'll look like versus live opposition. That guy last night, while tough, was playing Rios to Verdejo's Pacquiao.

Comment

dude is big at 135,Hopefully he has more power then he shows.

Comment

Working...
                    X