Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does NATIONALITY influence you rooting for a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it means nothing to me cuz i'm not gay.

i root 4 JCC JR, floyd, manny, vanes, valero, maidana, etc.

hate paulie malinaggay, steroidgio martinez, etc.

Comment

If I do know who they are, then no I don't. A good # of my top favorite current boxers r Latino, and I'm not any kind of Latino. Also, Manny Pacquiao is Filipino like me, and I've rooted against him when he fought De La Hoya, and I'll root against him when he fights Floyd. Not becuz Floyd's black or De La Hoya's Mexican (I rooted for Pac over Barrera and Morales), but just becuz I like his style better

Comment

I usually root for Indian fighters like Amir Khan.

Comment

Always.

Gotta show support to fellow countrymen.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
            At the moment it means nothing, but the day that Greece get a World Class boxer I'mma be hanging off his balls and swearing he's the greatest till I die, if that day ever comes anyway, doesn't look like it will any time soon.

I was going to say this. But, for a Guatemalan World champ.

Comment

Only very slightly for me

If i like a Fighter i like a fighter

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post

I'm Puerto Rican and hated Camacho. I was also rooting for De La Hoya over Trinidad. Liked both guys, but was a bigger fan of Oscars.

It's normal though to favor your own nationality. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's the same as favoring a Football team based on where you were born or are currently living. The same type of Pride applies. Just go to a Yankees vs Red Sox game.

Agree with everything you say except Football...did you see what those idiots in SF and Oakland did at the exhibition, thats right exhibition game over the weekend? That's just outright STUPID. Why so much pride if you're from across the bay or across the ocean? I just don't get it. How does being from SF or Oakland make you any better? Same with the punks that jumped that one guy in LA at the LA vs Giants game. Plain STUPID!

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                  At the moment it means nothing, but the day that Greece get a World Class boxer I'mma be hanging off his balls and swearing he's the greatest till I die, if that day ever comes anyway, doesn't look like it will any time soon.
                  Hey, you've got Iron Mike Zambidis........ ATG right there

Comment

Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
                    How much does NATIONALITY influence you rooting for a boxer?

If your from the states do you ALWAYS go for the American guy???

If your from Brittan do you always root for the British guy??

If your Latino/Mexican do you always pick the Latino/Mexican kat??

Wachugot???
                    nope im british and a big fan of floyd,manny,martinez,jmm,morales,juan manuel lopez gomboa cotto margo are just a few to name

couldnt care less what country they come from

Comment

Im a boxing fan but I was born and raised in Puerto Rico so of course I'm going to always root for my fellow Boricuas first if I like their style or the way they fight. Even if I think they might be in for a tough match or they may be the underdog or a jumping frog (Sorry K-Frog)...the fact that he is raising and waiving the flag with pride means alot to me. Maybe not to others but to many it does.

But just because I root for them I dont defend them all the time when it comes to discussions, fight selections, etc. Example, Im a huge JUANMA fan but I honestly think he ducked CABS. Im a fan of Tito's & Oscar and I actually saw Oscar win that fight. K-Frog is a pu$$y!. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X