• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
    Floyd fans are becoming too sensitive.
    And Manny fans are to child like !

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      I really dislike that argument. If he fought Pac/Martinez/Canelo before he retires, very little people would be complaining. The problem is, we know Floyd plays boxing like chess. He's only gonna do something when he can get the most out of the situation. He's very particular about his selection of opponents. There's a purpose to every move he makes, and it's frustrating because while everyone else is fighting, he's scoping out the battlefield and developing his plan of attack. He's just too methodical to be a risk-taker.
      I get your point but don't all promoters and managers do this with their fighters? They all put together a business plan and attempt to execute it. Been like this for a long time. It seems hard to criticize floyd for doing the same thing.

Comment

Floyd needs to heed the words of those great prophets, Scooter:

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          I really dislike that argument. If he fought Pac/Martinez/Canelo before he retires, very little people would be complaining. The problem is, we know Floyd plays boxing like chess. He's only gonna do something when he can get the most out of the situation. He's very particular about his selection of opponents. There's a purpose to every move he makes, and it's frustrating because while everyone else is fighting, he's scoping out the battlefield and developing his plan of attack. He's just too methodical to be a risk-taker.
          From the people who know boxing, yeah I think we will be like..."YEAH OK MAYWEATHER DID ALL HE COULD DO IN THE SPORT OF BOXING" but many others it will be "HE IS DUCKING TROUT" "HE IS DUCKING BRADLEY" "HE IS DUCKING Guerrero"...for many it is really nothing Mayweather can do to win them over but maybe LOSE and then they might be like "OK I JUST WANTED TO SEE MAYWEATHER LOSE BUT NO QUESTION HE IS A GREAT FIGHTER"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            I get your point but don't all promoters and managers do this with their fighters? They all put together a business plan and attempt to execute it. Been like this for a long time. It seems hard to criticize floyd for doing the same thing.
            Mayweather is ultra-consistent with his plan and isn't known for being unpredictable. The only move Mayweather could make that I would be pleasantly surprised with is fighting Martinez @160. It's a fight nobody is expecting him to take, but we would still love to see Floyd put his rep on the line in that manner.

It's like Cotto when he chose to fight Trout. I could see the threat that Trout possessed and couldn't understand why Cotto would willingly put himself in that situation, but I definitely appreciated the choice. That's not the type of move that Floyd would make because the risk doesn't make sense to take. Cotto could've side-stepped Trout and went straight for Canelo because he has the political pass to do so. If the money isn't there, or if the fighter hasn't met some sort of requirement, Mayweather won't bother and keep it moving. It's a good quality in a human being, but not an admirable quality in a fighter.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 12-03-2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Paul Magno?

After Hauser ran that story with the Mayweather rumours, this guy wrote an article saying that PEDs in boxing was "a dead issue" and everyone needed to stop talking about it
              Convenient, and not helpful on his part.

Article is pretty much flomoid to the core but this part did interest me...

Both Manny and Floyd have a long (and growing) list of fighters they should've fought, but never did.
              Fighters Manny should have fought but never did?

As far as I see he is scratching around for opponents with only rematches on the table as good fights i.e. people he has already fought.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 12-03-2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

LOL victims yet again.

Comment

Anyone who becomes famous will have people who love him and people who hate him. Who gives a ****, Mayweather isn't worried he's counting his money.

Comment

Love how people say he avoids tough fights yet Pacquiao fought Clottey when Floyd fought Mosley and ye all thought he wouldn't take on Shane
                    He moved up to fight Cotto and afterwards Pacquiao looked for a catchweight
                    Already people are up in arms at the thought of him fighting Guerrerro but he is the next guy in line at 147
                    He will be favourite against anyone he fights so people want a fighter who can't put on the weight to fight at 154 to move up to 160 for the possibility of him losing
                    If ye think Floyd is not taking on the most dangerous fights then don't be a hypocrite when it comes to Pacquiao's choice of opponents for the last 3 years

Comment

Someone should do an article on how gay mayweathers fan base is. I've never seen a sadder group of pathetic losers in my life

Comment

Working...
                      X