Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunter: Khan is ready for Danny Garcia (now- without a tuneup)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgil makes a good point but I just don't see Khan taking the same kind of shots that he was taking against Molina from Garcia. IMO Khan is only going after Garcia because of the belts. I'd be interesting to see Matthysse take those belts from Danny and see how eager Khan is to rematch Garcia or infact go after Matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
      Virgil makes a good point but I just don't see Khan taking the same kind of shots that he was taking against Molina from Garcia. IMO Khan is only going after Garcia because of the belts. I'd be interesting to see Matthysse take those belts from Danny and see how eager Khan is to rematch Garcia or infact go after Matthysse.
      I think Khan should stay away from Matthysse unless he's feeling suicidal.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Sorry buddy Im on my phone not trying to watch a video right now.
        Anyways Garcia vs Khan will be made for sure later in the yesr. Golden Boy's master plan
        No problem. You get guys on here who misrepresent the story because they don't click the link to read it (or in this case watch the video). But I didn't realise you were on your phone, so I retract the annoyance that was in my post.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          I think Khan should stay away from Matthysse unless he's feeling suicidal.
          Soon as Matthysse starts to land Khan is in big trouble. They'll need a stretcher for that fight.

Comment

Lucas is ready for garcia too, Hey virgil your boy can get in line behind lucas.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
              Soon as Matthysse starts to land Khan is in big trouble. They'll need a stretcher for that fight.

If Garcia or Matthysse land like Molina was, Khan goes night night. Especially Matthysse.

Comment

I definitely believe Khan is capable of beating Matthysse. Like Hunter said, if your game is to KO Khan you better be prepared to take punishment. Khan doesn't cope well with big punchers, but Matthysse doesn't cope well with speed and movement (see the Judah and Alexander fights).

Obviously Matthysse would be the favourite but let's not pretend he's some kind of world class killer. Apart from his losses to Judah and Alexander, he's fought nothing but B fighters. He's good, but he isn't unbeatable.

Amir Khan isn't a bum either. He almost knocked out Maidana with a 2nd round body shot and was putting it on Garcia until he fought too reckless and got caught.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                  I definitely believe Khan is capable of beating Matthysse. Like Hunter said, if your game is to KO Khan you better be prepared to take punishment. Khan doesn't cope well with big punchers, but Matthysse doesn't cope well with speed and movement (see the Judah and Alexander fights).

Obviously Matthysse would be the favourite but let's not pretend he's some kind of world class killer. Apart from his losses to Judah and Alexander, he's fought nothing but B fighters. He's good, but he isn't unbeatable.

Amir Khan isn't a bum either. He almost knocked out Maidana with a 2nd round body shot and was putting it on Garcia until he fought too reckless and got caught.
                  Khan is a B-level fighter imho. He has certain tools to be a threat, but not the boxing IQ or the ability to take a punch. Matthysse has improved since his fights with Zab/Alexander, and I think he'd find that Khan, while having fast hands, is actually easier to time than the two previously mentioned. It's possible that Matthysse would drop Khan like he did Dallas because of how aggressive Khan can get in trying to establish his speed advantage. This is the fight that would have me on the edge of my seat.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 01-29-2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Khan's bad chin is not a myth. He really does have a bad chin and poor recovery from being hurt. He had a minute between rounds to recover from being hurt but he did not recover and was hurt more and then KOed.Garcia will be glad to rematch Khan because it keeps him out of the ring with Matthysse. I think Garcia will KO him again.

Comment

Anyway, who cares if he has a bad chin or not? P4P Khan is the most exciting fighter in boxing. As long as he puts on a show I couldn't care less about his chin or in ring IQ. I'd rather watch his fights than make boorish and negative comments about his ability to take a punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X