Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pernell whitaker vs floyd mayweather jr. Who wins & why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    yeah,i didn't take the "wipe the floor"too seriously. No one wiped the floor with sweet pea.
    naaa...his ego wouldn't allow that...lol

think i'll pull up pernell's past prime coked out fights with de la hoya and trinidad...just for nostalgia's sake...lol

Comment

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
      This fight ends in a draw due to the fact 20 punches will be thrown between the two fighters and 0 land.the only highlights i this fight will be defensive moves.
      BHahahahaha!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
        It doesn't take any nostalgia to pick PERNELL WHITAKER over Mayweather, or any 135 lb. or 140 lb. fighter in history (although I'd hesitate to make Pea the favorite over Duran).

Whitaker had a brilliant jab, seemingly effortless combination punching, good handspeed and faster upperbody movement. His defense was multi-layered because he could use his legs, or stay in front of you and make you miss, was a master of angles, and was good at keeping that right glove on the right side of his face to ward off left hooks. He could be effective at different ranges and was good at using dirty tricks up close (basically shoving his opponent back with the right side of his body while digging in to the body with the left). Not a big puncher, but could do real damage with that left hand when he loaded up on it.

These are two of the smartest and most skilled fighters ever so you can expect a lot of adjustments and traps being set. Mayweather will get that straight right in, that would be his most effective weapon. The main difference here, IMO, would be Whitaker's advantage in workrate and his southpaw jab. I'd favor Pea by 7-5, 8-4 type decision.

Mayweather has a better chance at 147 and up.
        Most intelligent post in the thread. I don't need to read any others.

Comment

Money May, All day

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
            naaa...his ego wouldn't allow that...lol

think i'll pull up pernell's past prime coked out fights with de la hoya and trinidad...just for nostalgia's sake...lol
            sweet pea beat odh IMO. the scores vs felix were a little wide for me but Felix won easily.

Comment

I got Pbf at 130 and 135 Pea at any other weight

Comment

sweet pea beat odh IMO. the scores vs felix were a little wide for me but Felix won easily.
                yup..I thought DLH got a gift..Sweet Pea was the champ and he scored a knock down on DLH..

Comment

Theres a video on youtube where mayweather talks about sparring whitaker

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                    yup..I thought DLH got a gift..Sweet Pea was the champ and he scored a knock down on DLH..
                    just shows you how great a fighter, pernell whitaker was...he was the underdog in that fight...oscar was supposed to run over him easy...past prime coked out pea...lol

Comment

only fight he really lost imo...

Comment

Working...
                      X