Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James "Boilermaker" Jeffries - The ORIGINAL "Great White Hope" Appreciation Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James "Boilermaker" Jeffries - The ORIGINAL "Great White Hope" Appreciation Thread

Before his legendary fight against reigning champion Jack Johnson on the 4th of July 1910, James Jeffries was quoted dropping the following savage statement:

"I am going into this fight for the sole purpose of proving that a white man is better than a negro."

oh snap!

Where my dudes don larryx and Tunney aka Freedom. at!?

The ORIGINAL Great White Hope!!

:boxing
    :

Damn, Jefferies might have been racist lol, but he was a killer

Comment

I saw a couple docs that featured the guy and, as I recall, his story went pretty much exactly like Sergey Kovalev's.
      Kidding... kidding.
      Actually, he seemed like an alright guy, aside from the racism (which I just chalk up to the times). The great white hope fight was a joke as Jeffries was something like 5+ years retired and horribly out of shape. He was never going to beat Johnson in that fight. But, I like the fact that he later said he never would have beat Johnson, even at his best. Classy words from a guy who previously refused to fight black men because he felt they were too far beneath him.
      Hopefully, I'm remembering all that correctly.

Check out this pic. He looks short there but was was reportedly between 6' and 6'2". Talk about being built like a brick shyt-house! Damn! The guy was walking around on tree trunks. Could only imagine what he'd look like in today's boxing environment (take that as you will).
      Last edited by Redd Foxx; 11-25-2016, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Jeffries couldn't be a poster here, that's an instant permaban.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
          Damn, Jefferies might have been racist lol, but he was a killer
          Most ppl were racist back Then i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post

Jeffries couldn't be a poster here, that's an instant permaban.
            LMAO good one Welt

Comment

Damn white boys reaching back 100 years cuase their beef with Russians �� ����

Comment

lol........

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
                  lol........
                  Modern boxers have started ruining the sport with clinching doe...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Modern boxers have started ruining the sport with clinching doe...
                    Nice try Red but Ward is still boring

Comment

Working...
                    X