No announcement yet.

Fights in recent years where guys talked heavy smack and ended up losing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fights in recent years where guys talked heavy smack and ended up losing

I was just wondering, cause the Danny Garcia-Zab Judah fight's loser will feel very stupid afterwards, because both men do an insane amount of talking **** (Danny's dad kinda talks it for him but...). I was just wondering who, in the past decade or so (or all time really if you know of it), is the best case of having that happen? Was it Ali, after the Frazier loss?

Pac Marquez 4.

Comment

zab judah, he's number 1 at swallowing his pride....thus why he's more humble now...

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        Pac Marquez 4.
        How so? Manny doesnt talk **** like that....Unless he said a few things that went unnoticed to me, but I highly doubt that could be one of the TOP.

Comment

Any of Ricardo Mayorga's recent fights

Comment

David Haye vs Wladimir

Comment

rahman really talked a lot of **** toward lennox heading into the rematch. he paid for it.

Comment

David haye vs wladimir

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
                  How so? Manny doesnt talk **** like that....Unless he said a few things that went unnoticed to me, but I highly doubt that could be one of the TOP.
                  It was a joke.

Comment

Ali talked more smack going into Frazier 1 than any fighter in boxing history and ended up losing.

Of the last decade, or so give or take a few years, I'd say Fernando Vargas going into his fight with Oscar. He talked an insane amount of junk and then got KO'd.

Margarito also talked a bit of smack going into Cotto 2 and got beat up.

Then there is everybody Mayorga ever fought with a pulse.

Comment

Working...
                    X