Chinese workers holding their U.S. Boss hostage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese workers holding their U.S. Boss hostage

Chinese workers holding US boss say wages unpaid

BEIJING (AP) -- Chinese workers keeping an American executive confined to his Beijing medical supply factory said Tuesday that they had not been paid in two months in a compensation dispute that highlights tensions in China's labor market.

The executive, Chip Starnes of Specialty Medical Supplies, denied the workers' allegations of two months of unpaid wages, as he endured a fifth day of captivity at the plant in the capital's northeastern suburbs, peering out from behind the bars of his office window.

The rest of the article: http://news.yahoo.com/chinese-worker...082227927.html

why didn't he pay his workers?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post

As the article points out....he says that he did.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

thats what happen when you dont pay people you owe money too.

doubt these workers are making this up, I bet he made it look like he paid them on paper but in reality he hasnt.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Profiteer View Post

As the article points out....he says that he did.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
          I didn't read the article so thanks for your response.

Comment

I didn't read the article so thanks for your response.
            You obviously didnt read the thread either cause it said it right there.

Too many big words for ya there buddy?

Originally posted by One_Profiteer View Post
            Chinese workers holding US boss say wages unpaid

BEIJING (AP) -- Chinese workers keeping an American executive confined to his Beijing medical supply factory said Tuesday that they had not been paid in two months in a compensation dispute that highlights tensions in China's labor market.

The executive, Chip Starnes of Specialty Medical Supplies, denied the workers' allegations of two months of unpaid wages, as he endured a fifth day of captivity at the plant in the capital's northeastern suburbs, peering out from behind the bars of his office window.

The rest of the article: http://news.yahoo.com/chinese-worker...082227927.html

Comment

The workers panicked 'cause he closed a previous business and shipped it off to India, likely without paying employees.

I got a feeling he locked himself in his office out of fear for his life and is claiming he's being held hostage.

Comment

Like a boss!

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.B View Post
                  You obviously didnt read the thread either cause it said it right there.

Too many big words for ya there buddy?
                  that's right, I can't read.

phucking dummy.

Comment

if he's a high level executive "he's" paying somebody to do that. divying up payroll isn't on his to do list. it's probably an act being carried out by somebody he's never even met. he's not giving permission ["ok, pay them for the week now,"] i would guess. i am only speculating now because i don't know these people, but it's speculation that i believe is valid.

i'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. china has been known to be horrible to it's workers. american corporations don't just neglect to pay their employees for a full month. not hte large ones, anyway. it does way more harm than good to exploit your workers in that manner. you can exploit them while still paying them and making them think they are happy. i'm not saying that chinese ones do this, but the reaction (holding him f#cking hostage, as opposed to, you know, going to court like a normal human,) leads me to believe that these workers are guilty.
                    Last edited by New England; 06-26-2013, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X