No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather on The Future, SHO, Guerrero, Jabs Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather on The Future, SHO, Guerrero, Jabs Top Rank

WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) discussed several topics during an interview with Showtime. Mayweather recently walked away from HBO and signed a lucrative six fight deal with network rival Showtime. Mayweather will debut on Showtime on May 4th against Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

On The Showtime Deal

Mayweather: I'm ready to go out there and perform and I want to show the the fans that I still have a lot left. I want to stay active. I haven't really been active. I want to continue to go out there and dominate. And continue to take my skills to the next level and show the world that Floyd Mayweather is still the best and go down as the best fight who ever lived. That has always been the ultimate goal. I always came into this sport to bet the best, so why not push myself to the ultimate level and test myself against these young hungry lions out there. Robert Guerrero is a young, hungry lion. He had done something thus far to get to the point, so we're going to see what he has. I'm very happy to be with my new family.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Floyd's a funny guy lol.. First of all even if Pac got the decision he should have against Bradley and beat Marquez I doubt Floyd would have been seriously trying to make that fight happen. Second of all Pac really doesn't have to get past anybody in order for him get a Floyd fight, Pac is still still the second highest draw in all of boxing and Floyd vs Pac is still the biggest money fight that can be made. And he just said he doesn't want to put any money in Top Rank or Bob Arum's pocket so that should tell anyone with a brain all they need to know about how bad he really wants to make a Pac fight happen.. I'm sure Arum feels the same though so it's not entirely Floyd's fault. Just pointing out the obvious nonsense that Floyd is speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by jso416 View Post
      Floyd's a funny guy lol.. First of all even if Pac got the decision he should have against Bradley and beat Marquez I doubt Floyd would have been seriously trying to make that fight happen. Second of all Pac really doesn't have to get past anybody in order for him get a Floyd fight, Pac is still still the second highest draw in all of boxing and Floyd vs Pac is still the biggest money fight that can be made. And he just said he doesn't want to put any money in Top Rank or Bob Arum's pocket so that should tell anyone with a brain all they need to know about how bad he really wants to make a Pac fight happen.. I'm sure Arum feels the same though so it's not entirely Floyd's fault. Just pointing out the obvious nonsense that Floyd is speaking.
      I dont think its nonsense. Floyds past couple of fights were against fighters that have come off a winning streak or a career defining win. This made the fights more lucrative for him therefore putting more money in his pocket. Why fight pacquiao now after coming off 2 losses? Yeah it would still be alot of money but right now he's damaged goods. Plus all the pac fans and floyd haters will use pacquiao's loss to marquez as an excuse if floyd fights him now and wins. If Pacquaio had just agreed to the blood test the very first time the fight would have been done. So Pac should held just as responsible as Floyd.

Comment

So, if Pacquiao agrees to OST, agrees with NO PPV revenue, agrees with 70-30 split... still the fight wont be made cuz he needs to get past Bradley and Marquez.

But, guys like Victor Ortiz and Robert Guerrero just have to beat a bum Andre Berto.

Here you got it. Floyd's 2013 brand new excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
          I dont think its nonsense. Floyds past couple of fights were against fighters that have come off a winning streak or a career defining win. This made the fights more lucrative for him therefore putting more money in his pocket. Why fight pacquiao now after coming off 2 losses? Yeah it would still be alot of money but right now he's damaged goods. Plus all the pac fans and floyd haters will use pacquiao's loss to marquez as an excuse if floyd fights him now and wins. If Pacquaio had just agreed to the blood test the very first time the fight would have been done. So Pac should held just as responsible as Floyd.
          • Miguel Cotto, came from beating a really damaged Margarito = Career defining win?
          • Victor Ortiz and Guerrero = Beating Andre Berto is a career defining win?

And in the last part, before Pacquiao being KO'd, the excuse was "If Mayweather fights Pacquiao and wins, pac fans and floyd haters will say "Floyd is too big, Pacquiao is too small, Floyd was supposed to win"

So it's obvious you always have an excuse for Mayweather not fighting Pacquiao. Why don't you use the same logic when he fights a guy like Guerrero? Hypocrites.
          Last edited by DominiBox; 02-24-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
            So, if Pacquiao agrees to OST, agrees with NO PPV revenue, agrees with 70-30 split... still the fight wont be made cuz he needs to get past Bradley and Marquez.

But, guys like Victor Ortiz and Robert Guerrero just have to beat a bum Andre Berto.

Here you got it. Floyd's 2013 brand new excuse.
            Ortiz and Geuerrero actually beat somebody, Pac is coming off of 2 losses officially, what don't you understand?

Comment

Damn Floyd! This list is getting long!

-Must test with a 14 day cutoff
              -Must test with no cutoff
              -Cant do business with Bob Arum
              -Must take a flat fee with no ppv profits for you
              -Manny Pacquiao is desperate (this is when Pac offered to take less $)
              -My health is more important
              -I'm a coward but I'm a rich coward
              -How does Pacquiao just walk thru guys like Cotto and Shane
              -Must beat a guy you already beat (Bradley) and beat JMM
              -My career isnt defined by 1 fight against Pacquaio
              -I beat the guy who beat Pac with ease
              -I dont want to give any money to Top Rank
              Last edited by Deevel916; 02-24-2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanboSmitty View Post
                Ortiz and Geuerrero actually beat somebody, Pac is coming off of 2 losses officially, what don't you understand?
                You're not getting my point. Pacquiao is coming off 2 losses officially. True, but why all these request just appears when it comes to the Pacquiao fight?

Did Victor Ortiz got past Marcos Maidana to get the Mayweather fight?
                Did Miguel Cotto got past Manny Pacquiao to get the Mayweather fight?

Comment

This fight has sailed! Get used to it! Pac got KTFO and the dream is over. Arum let it marinate to long.

Plus if Canelo and Floyd both win then a possible Sept matchup will make more than Pac fight right now i think

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                    • Miguel Cotto, came from beating a really damaged Margarito = Career defining win?
                    • Victor Ortiz and Guerrero = Beating Andre Berto is a career defining win?

And in the last part, before Pacquiao being KO'd, the excuse was "If Mayweather fights Pacquiao and wins, pac fans and floyd haters will say "Floyd is too big, Pacquiao is too small, Floyd was supposed to win"

So it's obvious you always have an excuse for Mayweather not fighting Pacquiao. Why don't you use the same logic when he fights a guy like Guerrero? Hypocrites.
                    The point is, Pacquiao is coming off of 2 losses. Guerrero is coming off of 2 wins. You guys want him to fight Pacquiao right now, just so you can say "Pacquiao was washed up and damaged goods, got knocked out by Marquez prior." Don't tell me you won't. Judging by the posts I see on this board, even you have to admit that you among others are going to say that. And another reason why the Pacquiao fight didn't happen and the Guerrero fight is happening is because unlike Pacquiao, Guerrero accepted the drug testing and the biggest purse of his career and comes off of a win. As a matter of fact, the difference between everyone Mayweather faced starting from the Mosley fight to now and Pacquiao is that they accepted the drug testing and Pacquiao didn't. But these aren't even the biggest obstacle for that fight. There are actually some people on this board that doesn't believe that the GB and TR feud is real. They actually ignore this huge obstacle as if it isn't there. ****s crazy.

Comment

Working...
                    X