No announcement yet.

For The Sake Of Argument: Aaron Pryor Was Tailor Made For Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine...
    If Pryor was fighting today the nsb would be full of endless pathetic drug testing threads and Floyd would retire.

Wait that wouldn't be any different.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
      PAC would get destroy by Pryor in 1. It's a fantasy fight.
      U guys ever get tired of this, or what?

Comment

Pryor is the best 140lber of all time. NO way pac beats him bro.. just no way

Comment

Originally posted by GTL View Post
          Pryor is the best 140lber of all time. NO way pac beats him bro.. just no way
          Really? NO way? ...Really? This is why Pryor gets flack as overrated.

How is there possibly "no way" that Manny Pacquiao could beat a 140 pounder that comes right at him with his chin straight in the air? If Manny could make Shane Mosley act like a glass jawed coward and could beat a 17 pounds heavier Antonio Margarito so bad the guy can't spar for like a year then he most certainly has the abilities to stave off Pryor. Pryor wouldn't be any bigger or stronger than Margarito and didn't take a punch any better than him or Mosley.

I just think everything that gives Pryor advantage against most 140 pounders gives disadvantage against Manny - mostly stemming from the little thought of realization that Pryor was a Lightweight. People want Manny to fight Middleweights for a challenge and call anything resembling "come forward" as a pointless fight these days.

Comment

I agree. I think Pacquiao mutilates Pryor...although to be fair, hes going to take plenty of punishment in the meantime.

watch how Pryor does against an unranked japanese southpaw....

now, if Pryor was actually a close range fighter he would have done well. but he liked to swarm and trade at midrange. Thats Pacquiao's death zone. his power, speed and left hand would land constantly on Pryor, whos defense at best was subpar.

Pacquiao takes punishment and gets marked up a bit, but I have no doubt whatsoever that Pryor gets stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadmazing View Post
              Really? NO way? ...Really? This is why Pryor gets flack as overrated.

How is there possibly "no way" that Manny Pacquiao could beat a 140 pounder that comes right at him with his chin straight in the air? If Manny could make Shane Mosley act like a glass jawed coward and could beat a 17 pounds heavier Antonio Margarito so bad the guy can't spar for like a year then he most certainly has the abilities to stave off Pryor. Pryor wouldn't be any bigger or stronger than Margarito and didn't take a punch any better than him or Mosley.

I just think everything that gives Pryor advantage against most 140 pounders gives disadvantage against Manny - mostly stemming from the little thought of realization that Pryor was a Lightweight. People want Manny to fight Middleweights for a challenge and call anything resembling "come forward" as a pointless fight these days.
              Sir, I knew Shane Mosley. I sparred with Shane Mosley. Shane Mosley was a friend of mine. That man in the ring on May 7th was no Shane Mosley.

Comment

Working...
              X