No announcement yet.

Ustinov vs Chambers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ustinov vs Chambers

Ive heard these 2 will be going at it, on the fury vs hammer undercard. This should be a good fight. but it smells a bit fishy, that fury has too fight another short heavyweight whilst ustinov is available, and he has his friend doing the job for him.

Originally posted by lepinthehood View Post
    Ive heard these 2 will be going at it, on the fury vs hammer undercard. This should be a good fight. but it smells a bit fishy, that fury has too fight another short heavyweight whilst ustinov is available, and he has his friend doing the job for him.
    Whatever. Ustinov and Hammer are close to the same level. I don't care about how tall, or fat or whatever size HW Fury fights as long as it's a top guy. Neither of these guys are... Appears to be a stay-busy fight.

For Chambers, Ustinov is a huge step up, and a move back towards the world level, where I actually think a motivated, in-shape Chambers belongs. I think Chambers competes with a lot of top 10 HW's right now.

This fight sohuld look similar to Chambers vs. Dmitrenko

Comment

Chambers will make him look silly but eddie has bulked up he ain't as quick as he was, he seems to have adopted size and strength training under the fury camp. But ustinov is very plodding, and slow. A motivated eddie should win. But I'm a big fury fan who also has questions about his ability to fight big men. He's only really fought a man called scott Belshaw who was similar to size, and he is below british level. Hammer should t cause any problems

Comment

Originally posted by lepinthehood View Post
        Chambers will make him look silly but eddie has bulked up he ain't as quick as he was, he seems to have adopted size and strength training under the fury camp. But ustinov is very plodding, and slow. A motivated eddie should win. But I'm a big fury fan who also has questions about his ability to fight big men. He's only really fought a man called scott Belshaw who was similar to size, and he is below british level. Hammer should t cause any problems
        Yeah, I guess it would be interestng to see Fury fight a guy similar to his size - or height, really.

I think most of hte bigger guys, Fury would look good against because he's a lot fleeter of hand and foot.

He looked really light on his feet against Chisora last time out.

Comment

This fight is not happening and looks like Chambers is not fighting on the 28th February.

Comment

Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
            Whatever. Ustinov and Hammer are close to the same level. I don't care about how tall, or fat or whatever size HW Fury fights as long as it's a top guy. Neither of these guys are... Appears to be a stay-busy fight.

For Chambers, Ustinov is a huge step up, and a move back towards the world level, where I actually think a motivated, in-shape Chambers belongs. I think Chambers competes with a lot of top 10 HW's right now.

This fight sohuld look similar to Chambers vs. Dmitrenko
            'For Chambers, Ustinov is a huge step up'
            whoa...i think its the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
              'For Chambers, Ustinov is a huge step up'
              whoa...i think its the other way around.
              I think he just means Chambers has been fighting bums his last couple of fights.
              I doubt if he meant Ustinov was a step up from Wlad.

Comment

Should this be discussed in this section?

Comment

If Chambers was anything close to the fighter that gave Adamek fits fighting one-handed, I would pick him to easily outclass Ustinov, but at this point it's a toss-up imo.

Comment

I like Chambers, he's a true gent. I hope he does something soon and stops fighting these cab drivers.

Comment

Working...
                    X