No announcement yet.

Better resume: Mayweather or Hopkins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
    So yo think Money May has a better Resume then B Hop.
    All I am saying its hard to defend a fighter like Mayweather. I like the way the guy fights but I would have liked a lot more 50 50 fights on his resume. like a Cotto at 140 Or a kostya at 140 Or maybe a Forrest fight at 147. Margarito at 147 even a casa fight at 130. B Hop took those risks is all I am saying we could agree to disagree.
    It was well known back in 2005 that Top Rank and Cotto had no intention of making Floyd-Cotto because "Cotto wasn't ready yet". And as far as Tszyu at 140, Floyd wanted to fight the Hatton-Tszyu winner in Late 2005, but Tszyu lost and Hatton said he wasn't ready yet. Floyd-Hatton happened anyway at the best time possible anyway.

Forrest at 147??? What??? Forrest's last fight at 147 was in 2003 and he was up at 154 by 2005. That was never even a remote possibility.

Margarito in Late 2006 was the most legit that could have happened out of all those, and I'm sure Floyd had Oscar in the back of his mind. That's the one that should have happened though.

And Casamayor at 130, Floyd didn't duck him. I just don't see Floyd ducking Casamayor to fight the #1 SFW and #5 P4P fighter in Corrales, than moving up to 135 to fight the #1 LW Castillo.

When you break down the wins, which is ALL that adds to a fighters resume, Floyd has the better resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      It was well known back in 2005 that Top Rank and Cotto had no intention of making Floyd-Cotto because "Cotto wasn't ready yet". And as far as Tszyu at 140, Floyd wanted to fight the Hatton-Tszyu winner in Late 2005, but Tszyu lost and Hatton said he wasn't ready yet. Floyd-Hatton happened anyway at the best time possible anyway.

Forrest at 147??? What??? Forrest's last fight at 147 was in 2003 and he was up at 154 by 2005. That was never even a remote possibility.

Margarito in Late 2006 was the most legit that could have happened out of all those, and I'm sure Floyd had Oscar in the back of his mind. That's the one that should have happened though.

And Casamayor at 130, Floyd didn't duck him. I just don't see Floyd ducking Casamayor to fight the #1 SFW and #5 P4P fighter in Corrales, than moving up to 135 to fight the #1 LW Castillo.

When you break down the wins, which is ALL that adds to a fighters resume, Floyd has the better resume.
      Cotto was ready to fight Mayweather after May beat Hatton and May retired from the sport. He ducked Margarito he's ducking Pac now that's way 50 cent riding with pac now. He won't fight Martinez but Cotto will yeah May has a better resume then B Hop. B hop has some loses but that because he 's got balls to fight guys in their prime 4 corners kid. We can do this all night but I got s**t to do I am out.

Comment

Cotto was ready to fight Mayweather after May beat Hatton and May retired from the sport. He ducked Margarito he's ducking Pac now that's way 50 cent riding with pac now. He won't fight Martinez but Cotto will yeah May has a better resume then B Hop. B hop has some loses but that because he 's got balls to fight guys in their prime 4 corners kid. We can do this all night but I got s**t to do I am out.
        Everything about BH is better than Floyd. He beat the Tarvers, and Pavliks of this world when he was a old man and wasnt supposed to. When you tell BH he cant do something he says i'll prove you wrong.

When people say Floyd cant do something, his body language says i agree, he wont fight Sergio will he now? He wont even drain Sergio down a division and fight him.

The Tarvers and Pavliks are on the same level as Cotto and SSM, yet people think Floyd should be at least p4p no2 behind Pac for those wins.

BH taking JC to a split decision is better than anything Floyd has ever done.

Floyd right now if you are kind to him is about 3 or 4 p4p.
        Last edited by hugh grant; 10-10-2012, 06:47 AM.

Comment

no he wasntt so prove it.

Comment

Working...
          X