No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ruslan Chagaev Eyes Luis Ortiz Scrap, Not Kubrat Pulev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ruslan Chagaev Eyes Luis Ortiz Scrap, Not Kubrat Pulev

Timur Dugazaev, the manager of former heavyweight world champion Ruslan Chagaev (31-2-1, 20KOs), his fighter is not going to face Kubrat Pulev (17-0, 9KOs) on August 24th in Germany. Instead, Chagaev is heading to a possible fight with undefeated Luis Otiz (19-0, 16KOs) in the middle of the fall. Ortiz has been very active, with five wins in 2012 and nine victories in 2011, but the 34-year-old fighter has not held a fight since November 2012. Chagaev's activity has taken a hit in recent years, but he got three wins in 2012 and won another in February of this year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why is everyone avoiding pulev?

Comment

Originally posted by low_Bo View Post
      Because he's a good fighter, they don't want to lose.

Comment

Quite a good fight. 2 southpaws. I wonder how much Chagaev's hepatitis has taken out of him. I don't know much about the disease.
        Last edited by White_Knight; 06-29-2013, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
          Quite a good fight. 2 southpaws. I wonder how much Chagaev's hepatitis has taken out of him. I don't know much about the disease.
          Germany's regulations are not as strict when it comes to hep. I don't know the ins & outs of it but he can't fight in many countries. I don't think he can fight anywhere but germany.

Comment

Originally posted by low_Bo View Post
            Good question. The guy is a decent fighter, but nobody to be avoided. That's just the current state of the division though. The best will seek to avoid the best more times than not rather than take risks. Its getting worse too.

Comment

This is crazy, everybodies avoiding pulev

Comment

Luis ortiz is ranked higher then pulev in all bodies but the IBF. Chagaev is also a WBA guy & he's near the top in that organization. Why fight pulev if he can get a higher rank in 3 bodies if he beats ortiz? Pulev will get his shot at wlad soon enough thru his IBF rank... Chagaev has troubles getting sanctioned outside germany so there is no guarentee he will ever get close to a title shot again.
                Last edited by joe strong; 06-30-2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X