No announcement yet.

what great fights never happened ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
    it looks as though pac vs floyd wont happen but there auctually been quite a few great matchups that could have occured but for various reasons didnt what do you think some are ?
    just a few but theres many many more

frazier vs norton , lyle , shavers
    lamotta vs graziano
    tyson vs foreman
    quarry vs foreman
    m.spinks vs holyfield
    delahoya vs tszyu
    I really wanted to see Ike Quartey vs Felix Trinidad when both were peaking at 147. Also, Carlos Palomino vs Pipino Cuevas unification match looks very interesting on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      I really wanted to see Ike Quartey vs Felix Trinidad when both were peaking at 147. Also, Carlos Palomino vs Pipino Cuevas unification match looks very interesting on paper.

Palomino and Cuevas were both fighting out of Los Angeles at the same time. It would have made good money and should have happened.

I think I remember Trinidad-Quartey being made and then falling apart before it was official.

Comment

Optimists might say it hasn't happened yet, but from my perspective, I think history will show that Pacquiao vs Maywether never happened. Not that it would've necessarily been a "great" fight, it's just that we'll never know.

Comment

There's just so many, but the biggest of them all is Bowe-Lewis, they never made any effort to make this fight happen even after '93.

Second is Foreman-Holmes, why, George doesnt want it, Jones vs McClellan is another, and the fabulous four of the welterweight division in the late 1990s, DLH, Tito, Quartey and Whitaker, Ike didnt get to fight two of them when it was already scheduled, I'll take it anytime watching Quartey-Whitaker and Quartey-Trinidad than any of Pacquiao's last five fights.

Comment

Not what I would call compelling match-ups, but it would have been interesting to see how much better - if at all - the losers of the first fight would haved fared in Duran vs Buchanan II and Ali vs Foreman II.

Comment

Holyfield, Bowe and Foreman stayed away from Ruddock in the early 90s

Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank never fought Roy

Frazier and Norton never fought

Comment

Ike Ibeabuchi vs. Lennox Lewis or the Klitschko Bros.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                  Holyfield, Bowe and Foreman stayed away from Ruddock in the early 90s

Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank never fought Roy

Frazier and Norton never fought
                  Ruddock's record in the early 90's was 6-4, with 3 of the losses by KO. He had managerial problems and wasn't ducked by anyone.

Comment

Pryor Duran would of been a great one , anyone know why fight never happened ? Pryor Leonard would of been great .. I know why that fight never happened .. Leonard wanted no part of Pryor .. They used to spar together ... Pryor was beggin Leonard for fight , but srl dodged him bigtime!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      Ruddock's record in the early 90's was 6-4, with 3 of the losses by KO. He had managerial problems and wasn't ducked by anyone.
                      I mean before the Tyson fights

He was definitely avoided and seen as a very dangerous fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X