Gone Gaga: Mayweather humble, Pacquiao brags, Diaz is a gangsta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gone Gaga: Mayweather humble, Pacquiao brags, Diaz is a gangsta

December 10, 9:55 PMNY Boxing ExaminerMichael Marley

CHICAGO--Suppose you clicked into my Examiner.com column or anybody’s boxing column and read the following:

“Hey, Manny Pacquiao is awesome, look at the hatchet job he did on de la Hoya, Hatton and Cotto. Truth be told, I don’t know if all my defensive wizardry can hold him off. This little guy keeps coming like an avalanche, he will not be denied. I’m just going to give it my all and hope I do OK.”

Your humble speaker of such humble words?

Egomaniacal Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr.

Sure, it will never happen but play along with me here. If it did, you would think Mayweather had blown a mental gasket, that he was suffering from a personality disorder, that the men in the white coats with the butterfly nets were chasing him for involunatary confined at the Nevada State Nut Hut.

Or, if you heard this:

“I will knock Mayweather out so bad that when he wakes up, his clothes will be out of style. I will slap him with so many right jabs that he’ll beg for my Manila Ice hooks. I will drop him like a bad habit. How dare he challenge me with his primitive skills? I will make him squeal and cry like a little girl.”

Your boastful, bodacious speaker?

Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao.

Ditto for it will never happen.

This is what crossed my alleged mind when I read that Juan Diaz stepped way out of character Thursday and described his Saturday night rematch on the UIC campus here (HBO) as “easy money.”

Bells went off, alarms began ringing. What the bleep is up with heretofore Humble Pie Diaz?

Suddenly, he talks like a baller, a shotcaller, a gangbanger? Is this the future lawyer and mayoral candidate in Houston we’ve seen on the boxing stage so many times?

Something’s up. Something is strange.

Either Diaz is the kid whistling past the graveyard or he really believes he will toy with Popgun Paulie.

But, hey Juan, it wasn’t easy dinero in your hometown so why will it be a cakewalk here?

Just because he looks like Lady Gaga doesn't mean Malignaggi doesn't come to scrap and scrap hard.

Something’s up with Diaz.

Is it good or bad?

I am not sure. What do you think?
Working...
X