No announcement yet.

Ward could of been great if he had a good trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward could of been great if he had a good trainer

Virgils a ignorant narcicst point blank he doesn't know fighters limitations and what they're capable of, khan and berto have not improved defensively at all and he ignorantly gives them game plans that doesn't fit the fighters strenght and don't even get me started on angulo..

All he teaches ward is jab and grab, if ward was shown some real technique he could of been the next Floyd no doubt but he has a limited one trick pony trainer, I'm glad Floyd put Virgil on the spot he's overrated as it gets.

Ward is a HOF'er, likely 1st ballot. What more could his trainer do than that?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Ward is a HOF'er, likely 1st ballot. What more could his trainer do than that?
      Woah he barely beat froch with clinches and dirty left hooks , knocked out a weight drained Dawson and got a gift in a fight he got dropped and outlanded and he's first ballot for you?? Smh he has a lot of flaws, had the potential to be a atg but couldn't achieve it with a limited trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
        Virgils a ignorant narcicst point blank he doesn't know fighters limitations and what they're capable of, khan and berto have not improved defensively at all and he ignorantly gives them game plans that doesn't fit the fighters strenght and don't even get me started on angulo..

All he teaches ward is jab and grab, if ward was shown some real technique he could of been the next Floyd no doubt but he has a limited one trick pony trainer, I'm glad Floyd put Virgil on the spot he's overrated as it gets.
        1) Ward has been 'jabbing n grabbing' since his amateur days.

2) A trainer's job is rarely to change a fighter's style. They add new tools and improvise it.

So, before making threads I suggest you know something about something.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          1) Ward has been 'jabbing n grabbing' since his amateur days.

2) A trainer's job is rarely to change a fighter's style. They add new tools and improvise it.

So, before making threads I suggest you know something about something.
          LOL The irony of you saying know something when you don't even know Virgil been training ward his whole life, take your L and sit down somewhere.

Comment

nah he's not that good. usually guys like hopkins and floyd start clinching near the end of their careers to make up for lost skill/ability. in ward's first legit fight against kessler he was already doing it which tells me his natural ability was quite limited.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
              LOL The irony of you saying know something when you don't even know Virgil been training ward his whole life, take your L and sit down somewhere.
              Ok and...?

Not sure what in my post gave you the impression that I didnt know that. Im not a rookie like you, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Ok and...?

Not sure what in my post gave you the impression that I didnt know that. Im not a rookie like you, mate.
                You back for more Ls mate? Lad? 😂

Oh so NOW you know so you didn't just say wards been doing that since amatuers like Virgil wasn't training him? Or..

Comment

Oh and as far as addressing the title of your thread, it doesn't matter which trainer he had because he didnt fight at 168/175 during a time that it had the likes of Roy Jones, James Toney, Lacy, Griffin etc. So, how does having a different trainer would had made him great? Like Dunn said, 1st ballot HOF whether yall like it or not.

Comment

Olympic Gold Medalist, very good resume, the man at 168 and 175. Ward is a special talent but Virgil Hunter seems to have done a good job with him on technical, tactical and mental aspects of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X