No announcement yet.

Gary Shaw expert witness report for GBP calls Al Haymon a promoter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    line 20 is irrelevant when taken by itself. I dont doubt for a second that over the years Shelly Finkel, Cameron Dunkin, or a host of other managers would have reached out to Kerry, Ross, or Seth, or whoever, to try and curry favor for their fighters.

now how many of those same "managers" actually struck the airtime deal with HBO and received the rights fees to their own bank accounts?

Answer: ZERO

and FYI, Kerry has been Haymons puppet since back in the Berto days, and even before. Who exactly do you think was approving garbage like Berto-Hernandez?
    Youdont know that and are left trying to prove point by saying "Kerry is a Haymon Puppet"

Stop

Comment

I dont know about that. There is no doubt that Haymon is acting as a promoter. The fact the people try so hard to refute is is mind boggling.

But putting that aside, even if the court holds that Haymon is acting as a promoter, Im not sure how GBP can prove "damages" because of it. The Ali Act violations are only 1 component of their lawsuit, so perhaps some other aspect will come into play regarding damages.

An Ali Act violation is something that the Justice Dept would have to do something about, and we all know that isnt ever going to happen. The Justice Dept has not taken on a single Ali Act violation case since the inception of the law.
      As a fan, what I wanna know is, is what Al's doing hurting the fighter?

Comment

line 20 is irrelevant when taken by itself. I dont doubt for a second that over the years Shelly Finkel, Cameron Dunkin, or a host of other managers would have reached out to Kerry, Ross, or Seth, or whoever, to try and curry favor for their fighters.

now how many of those same "managers" actually struck the airtime deal with HBO and received the rights fees to their own bank accounts?

Answer: ZERO

and FYI, Kerry has been Haymons puppet since back in the Berto days, and even before. Who exactly do you think was approving garbage like Berto-Hernandez?
        Who approved GGG vs. Monroe? Thompson vs. Ortiz? Canelo vs Khan? GGG vs. Brook?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          As a fan, what I wanna know is, is what Al's doing hurting the fighter?
          yes. A fighter should have INDEPENDANT representation. It is impossible for a manager to do his absolute best to represent 2 parties who have opposing interests. Its like a divorce lawyer trying to represent both the husband and the wife, and both to the best of his abilities. Its impossible.

For the moment, sure, I suspect that most fighters dont mind being overpaid. But thats not the point. At some point we will have to see wide scale "corrections", and then we will get a better sense of who's being hurt. I doubt that the large number of fighters who are only getting 1 or 2 fights a year (and who arent one of Haymons top 20 who are getting 7 figures a fight) can be very happy right now, but common sense (and a gag order in their contracts) prevents them from complaining too loudly at the moment......
          Last edited by OnePunch; 10-31-2016, 05:22 PM.

Comment

yes. A fighter should have INDEPENDANT representation. It is impossible for a manager to do his absolute best to represent 2 parties who have opposing interests. Its like a divorce lawyer trying to represent both the husband and the wife, and both to the best of his abilities. Its impossible.

For the moment, sure, I suspect that most fighters dont mind being overpaid. But thats not the point. At some point we will have to see wide scale "corrections", and then we will get a better sense of who's being hurt. I doubt that the large number of fighters who are only getting 1 or 2 fights a year (and who arent one of Haymons top 20 who are getting 7 figures a fight) can be very happy right now, but common sense (and a gag order in their contracts) prevents them from complaining too loudly at the moment......
            Ok I'll ask again -- SPECIFICALLY, how is he hurting the FIGHTER?

Comment

When he got that TV deal with Showtime for Floyd are you saying that isn't what a manger would do? Are boxing managers different than other managers such as music, actor managers?

Comment

Ok I'll ask again -- SPECIFICALLY, how is he hurting the FIGHTER?
                if you couldnt understand what I was saying, then honestly me elaborating on it really wont make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  When he got that TV deal with Showtime for Floyd are you saying that isn't what a manger would do? Are boxing managers different than other managers such as music, actor managers?
                  as a manager, negotiating that deal was perfectly fine, and well within the scope of "management". But thats all he did was "negotiate" it. But thats not what we are talking about and you know it. We are talking about a promotion selling broadcast rights to specific fights to a network, and receiving and disbursing those funds, which is exactly what PBC is doing right now.

and spare me the "but but but but Dibella doe" garbage

This is a pointless debate. We are all entrenched in our views and nothing will change either of our opinions. Haymon could release a statement tomorrow saying "Im actually a promoter now" and you would probably post that he really didnt mean it.

peace............

Comment

if you couldnt understand what I was saying, then honestly me elaborating on it really wont make a difference.
                    Don't make me laugh.

Comment

Don't make me laugh.
                      if you ever get a divorce, let your wifes attorney represent you too. Let me know how that works out for you.....

Comment

Working...
                      X