Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which was more dissapointing? Floyds 389k ppv buys or GGG's 97k buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question do anyone got a link to all the ppv fights this year to see where this flop rank at.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
      I never said they didn't lose money but like I said, they secured Floyd for 5 fights 2 of them made record breaking numbers and one of those shattered every record and it will take something special to come close to the revenue Pac/May made. I even doubt it will ever happen.

They made a ton of money from Mayweather's 5 fight deal, I can almost guarantee they made a whole lot more than they anticipated. Anything Mayweather/Berto made was just extra to fund whatever else they wanted.
      You may be absolutely right and showtime more than likely did make a nice profit off of the 5 fight deal. That wasnt the question though. I'm comparing Floyd/Berto to GGG/Lemeiux.

What extra do you speak of? What part of that fight was a total financial flop dont you understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        His numbers vs Pacquiao have nothing to do with the Berto card. Try again. I'm talking about the Floyd/Berto fight. Maybe you can try and explain how showtime didnt take a massive loss on that fight.
        Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        The question is asked regarding two events. I don't know why anyone is bringing up other fights. Was Floyd's contract a success? Most definitely, but the berto fight was a disaster. Nobody wants to lose millions regardless of what transpired before. Nobody spends 40 million plus just to tank half of it.
        Golovkin usually does around 1 million viewers on regular HBO. Mayweahter for the sake of argument averages 2m buys (obviously does less)

GGG managed to get 9% of his audience to buy his fight at $60

Floyd managed to get 20% of his usual audience to buy his fight at $70

GGG is an investment and it didn't start good. Floyd was an established fighter on his last fight against a bum.

Comment

Golovkin usually does around 1 million viewers on regular HBO. Mayweahter for the sake of argument averages 2m buys (obviously does less)

GGG managed to get 9% of his audience to buy his fight at $60

Floyd managed to get 20% of his usual audience to buy his fight at $70

GGG is an investment and it didn't start good. Floyd was an established fighter on his last fight against a bum.
          You're not taking into consideration a budget. Spending 40 million just to lose half of it is a disaster. The only number that matters in business is dollars and cents. Spin it how you like but it's bogus.

Comment

You may be absolutely right and showtime more than likely did make a nice profit off of the 5 fight deal. That wasnt the question though. I'm comparing Floyd/Berto to GGG/Lemeiux.

What extra do you speak of? What part of that fight was a total financial flop dont you understand?
            No **** Berto/Floyd lost more money. But if we look at the business standpoint Floyd was a spent bullet you couldn't ask to make more money off him. Specially after the Pacquiao fight were it generated a ton of money but was disappointing.

You can't honestly think showtime expected to make money off him again. Not after the talks of boycotting and the odds for the Berto fight. Whatever they generated were to pay a portion of Floyd's purse and the rest was pretty much covered by his last fight were they made much more money than they anticipated. On the other hand GGG generated nothing but doubts for future sponsors.

Comment

You're not taking into consideration a budget. Spending 40 million just to lose half of it is a disaster. The only number that matters in business is dollars and cents. Spin it how you like but it's bogus.
              You think Showtime didn't know they'd lose money, 99% of fans knew but they didn't?

He asked what was more disappointing not which did better financially. Little G was the bigger disappointment.

Comment

His numbers vs Pacquiao have nothing to do with the Berto card. Try again. I'm talking about the Floyd/Berto fight. Maybe you can try and explain how showtime didnt take a massive loss on that fight.
                389k is better then 97 no matter how you try to spin it...lol

Comment

Do you honestly think showtime had no budget for Mayweather's contract? There are risks involved in spending so much money but overall you can't sit there and say Showtime was overall dissapointed with the way Floyd's contract played out.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    389k is better then 97 no matter how you try to spin it...lol
                    Another financial wizard here. You try to sell life insurance to people on here and you dont even understand a budget.

Do you honestly think showtime had no budget for Mayweather's contract? There are risks involved in spending so much money but overall you can't sit there and say Showtime was overall dissapointed with the way Floyd's contract played out.
                    again, that wasn't the question. I don't know why it's so hard for you guys to answer the question. It's pretty pathetic honestly that you all can't answer it.

Comment

Floyd-Berto sold more then i expected.

GGG-Lemieux sold less then i expected.

Im having fun reading the comments from the NSB actuaries though. As if when Showtime gave Floyd that contract, they expected every single PPV to sell 1.5 million plus. You ******s are hilarious. Showtime was so disapointed in Floyd-Berto that they tried to re-sign Floyd to another long term deal.

So we are talking disapointment, who is disapointed exactly?

Comment

Working...
                      X