No announcement yet.

How does Joe Louis compare to the rest my heavyweight idols

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Joe Louis compare to the rest my heavyweight idols

Just watched a documentary on Joe Louis and i have always rated him amongst the great heavyweights... How would you guys compare him and who where would you's place him amongst Frazier, Ali, Foreman, Lewis, Tyson etc etc.

How highly is he rated?

he was "maybe" the best Heavyweight ever...

Comment

He still holds the record of the most title defenses in the heavyweight division so I still rank him higher than most greats past and present.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
        He still holds the record of the most title defenses in the heavyweight division so I still rank him higher than most greats past and present.
        Who do you rate higher? Ithink he is one of the most under appreciated heavyweights ever considering his record.

Comment

you also has to consider that 2 of his 3 losses came to an comeback/after prime Louis who only fought cause the ****in IRS was huntin every black man who earned good money (just like with Sugar Ray) and his only "prime"-loss was against Schmelling and he beated up his ass in the rematch!

Also R.Mayweather said Louis was the best boxer ever and he knows it cause "he knows **** about boxing"

Comment

Originally posted by WesleySnipes View Post
            you also has to consider that 2 of his 3 losses came to an comeback/after prime Louis who only fought cause the ****in IRS was huntin every black man who earned good money (just like with Sugar Ray) and his only "prime"-loss was against Schmelling and he beated up his ass in the rematch!

Also R.Mayweather said Louis was the best boxer ever and he knows it cause "he knows **** about boxing"
            Personally i would say a prime Louis would be a match for any heavyweight.. Tremendous boxer. Shame about the 2 losses but still doesnt really detract from his legacy imo

Comment

Rocky marciano

Comment

Originally posted by WesleySnipes View Post

Jack johnson already knew what was wrong with prime louis before he ever got in with schmelling

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                  They didnt call it bum of the month club for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                    Jack johnson already knew what was wrong with prime louis before he ever got in with schmelling
                    A 21 year old Louis was prime?

AS for the answer to the question I rate him 1 but he is usually rated at between 1-2 on most historians lists

Comment

Working...
                    X