Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Underrated and Overrated Boxers Today.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Underrated and Overrated Boxers Today.

I'll Steal Maniacs List cause its on point with my opinion.

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    Overrated -

Rigondeaux - he's defensive and appears to have solid power, he's still untested against an elite opponent and has a suspect chin yet he's made out to be an elite beast

Floyd - Resume above 135 oozes of cherry picking, carefully selected opponents. only fought 3-4 times since 2007 yet he's still the #1 P4P.

Canelo - he has literally done nothing but beat oversized or over matched opponents. His title is a complete joke.

Broner - Beat Perez got a gift against PDL, failed to make weight against Escobedo. Beat up a good lightweight and he's placed in the top 5 or 6 P4Ps? above Mares, Froch, Guerrero etc. He's the definition of overrated.

Underrated -

Marquez - One of the best combination punchers of all time. Even better than Joe Louis (who I hold in high regard), He' still regarded as a top P4P even at almost 40. His status when compared to other fighters comes off as underrated to me. Infact all Floyd's fan base know him for is losing a UD to Floyd. That's it, that's his entire career to them. IMO his legacy is underrated.. All every says is he's slow, he's never had defense, power, or that he's flat footed. Mainly because they've only seen fights he had when he was in his mid to late 30's People forget he was young at one point

Castillo - since he's still fighting i'll include him, although he may not be much currently. His legacy gets underrated, I still consider him the greatest LW since Whitaker.

Mares - He's beaten top opponent after top opponent, yet all people talk about are the low blows. He's not even in the top 10 P4P's despite fighters with weaker resumes like Broner being in the top 5.

Guerrero - If you've followed him for a while you'll know how capable and skilled he really is. He's the type of fighter that can compete with anyone. If he's out gunned, or they're faster he'll adjust even if it's going outside of his comfort zone which we don't see alot of fighters do.

Froch - Despite a lose to Ward he's still a top fighter and should be in the top 10 P4P's

what the guy in your quote said

Comment

overrated

Demarco. Cant believe ppl gave him a shot to beat Broner.

Pacquiao - last top fighter he fought at their weight was in 2009 and was just KTFO by a 40 yr old.

Underrated
      Castillo is definitely underrated

Comment

Castillo - since he's still fighting i'll include him, although he may not be much currently. His legacy gets underrated, I still consider him the greatest LW since Whitaker.

Yet, he lost to Mayweather clearly in their rematch, but Floyd is overrated? Constipated logic son.

Comment

^^^
          apart from that the list isn't bad.

Comment

"One of the best combination punchers of all time. Even better than Joe Louis (who I hold in high regard)"

This part, also complete rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
              Yet, he lost to Mayweather clearly in their rematch, but Floyd is overrated? Constipated logic son.
              are you dyslexic?
              Floyd - Resume above 135

"One of the best combination punchers of all time. Even better than Joe Louis (who I hold in high regard)"

This part, also complete rubbish.
              no it isn't

Louis had KO power in almost all of his punches but Marquez strings together better and longer combinations. Some he starts with lead uppercuts. besides who cares it's all opinion anyway, Louis is regarded as one of the best combination punchers of all time and so is Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                are you dyslexic?

no it isn't

Louis had KO power in almost all of his punches but Marquez strings together better and longer combinations. Some he starts with lead uppercuts. besides who cares it's all opinion anyway, Louis is regarded as one of the best combination punchers of all time and so is Marquez.

You have JMM and Castillo in your underrated list, and surprise surprise Mayweather, who has actually beaten both of them on your overrated list. It's also even more hilarious as Floyd beat Castillo at his best weight as the "supposed greatest" ever in that weight class. Also consider what JMM just did to MP and it becomes even funnier.

Clearly Floyd was right about the boxing dynamic when he said "damn i wish i was Mexican"

Comment

You have JMM and Castillo in your underrated list, and surprise surprise Mayweather, who has actually beaten both of them on your overrated list. It's also even more hilarious as Floyd beat Castillo at his best weight as the "supposed greatest" ever in that weight class. Also consider what JMM just did to MP and it becomes even funnier.

Clearly Floyd was right about the boxing dynamic when he said "damn i wish i was Mexican"
                  Resume above 135

Comment

Key point you missed there.....

Comment

Working...
                    X