Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frazier Destruction or Moorer one-bomber?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George Foreman's best win from a boxing history point of view was Fraiser. But what made him famous and the sort of hero he is now was the Moorer win.

Comment

these are some interesting views. keep the posts coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky466
        George Foreman's best win from a boxing history point of view was Fraiser. But what made him famous and the sort of hero he is now was the Moorer win.
        how was that more of history for boxing i think him become the oldest is more of history in boxing just like tyson become the youngest heavyweight ever

Comment

THE FRAZIER fight, was the defining moment in foremans career because he won the belt for the first time in his life and he beat a man who was meant to be virtually unbeatable with ease he got ko'ed

Comment

Originally posted by fistlegend
            THE FRAZIER fight, was the defining moment in foremans career because he won the belt for the first time in his life and he beat a man who was meant to be virtually unbeatable with ease he got ko'ed
            he was reconzied more for losing to ali and Jimmy Young than his wins over frazier. the moorer fight made him a media icon

Comment

its a tough call. let's examine this.

1973: a prime foreman(24) destroyed a prime frazier, a hw great.

1994: an over the hill foreman(45) was loosing on points before he knocked out a prime moorer, a very good hw late in the fight with one punch.

take into consideration for foreman-frazier I:
              -frazier was a much greater fighter than moorer.
              -foreman, a no name at the time beat frazier, but was well known when he beat moorer.

take into consideration for foreman-moorer:
              -boxing evolved from 1976 when he retired till 1994, and he still won the title.
              -foreman was 21 years older and about 40lbs. heavier.
              -it was one punch that did it. with frazier it took a lot of punches to get a tko.
              -an upset like the frazier fight was known to be possible. a 40+ man winning the title was thought to be impossible.

and the winner is.........Foreman-Moorer.

Comment

Frazier is by far his biggest win, but the Moorer fight did wonders for his Grill sales.

Comment

I just think it's amazing how different Foreman was in his comeback. In the 70's, he rarely talked, tried to intimidate, and thought that being an evil monster on the outside would vulnerability on the inside. He was hated in the 70's.

In his comeback, people still hated him at the beginning, for they thought he would be the exact same, only 20 years older. However, he was humorous, talked a lot, and made people like him. Instead of his evil, menacing scowl, he had a warm, teddy-bear like smile.

Foreman once said: "The reason I won the fight against Moorer was because the crowd was behind me and keeping me standing. It reminded me of Zaire 20 years ago, for I believe the crowd's desire for Muhammad to win was what kept him on his feet." Foreman could have never said something like that in the 70's, for no one cheered for him.

Sometimes showing a side of vulnerability helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydog
                    I just think it's amazing how different Foreman was in his comeback. In the 70's, he rarely talked, tried to intimidate, and thought that being an evil monster on the outside would vulnerability on the inside. He was hated in the 70's.

In his comeback, people still hated him at the beginning, for they thought he would be the exact same, only 20 years older. However, he was humorous, talked a lot, and made people like him. Instead of his evil, menacing scowl, he had a warm, teddy-bear like smile.

Foreman once said: "The reason I won the fight against Moorer was because the crowd was behind me and keeping me standing. It reminded me of Zaire 20 years ago, for I believe the crowd's desire for Muhammad to win was what kept him on his feet." Foreman could have never said something like that in the 70's, for no one cheered for him.

Sometimes showing a side of vulnerability helps.
                    hmm, i never thought about it that way. maybe that's why max baer got beat by braddock!

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
                      its a tough call. let's examine this.

1973: a prime foreman(24) destroyed a prime frazier, a hw great.

1994: an over the hill foreman(45) was loosing on points before he knocked out a prime moorer, a very good hw late in the fight with one punch.

take into consideration for foreman-frazier I:
                      -frazier was a much greater fighter than moorer.
                      -foreman, a no name at the time beat frazier, but was well known when he beat moorer.

take into consideration for foreman-moorer:
                      -boxing evolved from 1976 when he retired till 1994, and he still won the title.
                      -foreman was 21 years older and about 40lbs. heavier.
                      -it was one punch that did it. with frazier it took a lot of punches to get a tko.
                      -an upset like the frazier fight was known to be possible. a 40+ man winning the title was thought to be impossible.

and the winner is.........Foreman-Moorer.
                      that what i been saying all a long

Comment

Working...
                      X