Official Aussie World Cup 2010 Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Aussie World Cup 2010 Thread

So the big issues are thus:

Who will win the critical diving component of the cup? I've got Portugal with the pre-eminent diver, C. Ronaldo

How will FIFA ruin the Cup with a rash of bookings over pedantic striking infringements or other petty, no-nothing rules?

How will the dour, anti-climactic final be given life with an unforgettable, career-defining ****-up?

Any other points of interest... let 'em be known....

Spain to win the world cup.

I'll be happy if Australia get out of the group stages.

Comment

Soccer is a woeful sport to watch on tv. It's just hideously boring. Yes I jump on the socceroos bandwagon once every 4 years, but that's about it.

The 'diving' and injury play acting is beyond belief. The stupid thing is that it seems to be an integral part of the game. *******.

I don't think Australia will make it past the group stage, but good luck to them.
      Last edited by Philfy; 06-11-2010, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
        Soccer is a woeful sport to watch on tv. It's just hideously boring. Yes I jump on the socceroos bandwagon once every 4 years, but that's about it.

The 'diving' and injury play acting is beyond belief. The stupid thing is that it seems to be an integral part of the game. *******.

I don't think Australia will make it past the group stage, but good luck to them.
        soccer is one boring sport to watch...
        I can't stand watching it..

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_great View Post
          soccer is one boring sport to watch...
          I can't stand watching it..
          You obviously haven't seen any great games, because if you had you wouldn't be saying that.

Sadly, the World Cup is rarely the showcase of great games.

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
            You obviously haven't seen any great games, because if you had you wouldn't be saying that.

Sadly, the World Cup is rarely the showcase of great games.
            it would have to be a highly highly entertaining game for me to want to watch, e.g. australia in the 2010 final, where it means something to be watching.
            Only times like this would I want to watch.

Comment

im not a soccer fan, but i will probably watch the aussie games and a few others.
              the world cup really is a wonderful event, if not for the games but for the atmosphere, hype and controversy that seems to come with it.

Comment

great post it just shows you how much **** football in this country gets

the numbers are there and it shows that even though it cops crap from people and the media it is still the number 1 sport in this country whenever the socceroos play they get the biggest numbers on fox and sbs

my sleeping patterns are allover the place at the moment, my television is constantly on and i'm loving it the only thing i will say is those ****ing horns should be burnt
                Last edited by minasyan; 06-12-2010, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X