Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is up with all these pusssy managers? Guardiola is a Barca man through and through. Why would he not want to stay there and build a legacy like Wenger or Slur Alex?

"Oh boo hoo I lost the Champions league, nobody loves me anymore, Im quitting"

He should've taken tips from that b1tch, Mourinho, and left last year after he won everything so everyone would overrate him as some kind of guru.

Comment

• Originally posted by USA4LIFE View Post
      I can't even begin to explain how hilarious this is TBH. First off no, it was in fact Johan Cruyff who built Barca's philosophy to what it is known for today, that is simply a known fact, everyone after Cruyff including Rijkaard (who's a legend) was just building off of him and it was only Pep who took it to another level. Four seasons 13 trophies(14 if they win Copa del Ray), it will most likely never be seen again, at least not for a while.

Pep will go down as a legend, as he should.
      Yeh my post looked dumb.

Absolutely it was the dutch total football philosophy. I worded that post wrong. What I meant was he inherited the basis of that squad from Franks team however he did take it up 3-4 levels. His record at Barca is sheer quality. When I said he should not be considered a messiah I meant in the context of whatever club he ends up at. He just polished up a well run machine at Barca and got it working better than ever before. I mean his only established signings to in the early days were Pique and Alves. That ain't allot to change a team that are 2nd in Spain to the best the world has seen. Wherever he ends up he'll never inherit that sort of squad so it has to be so much harder. Its obvious he is a fantastic man manager but IMO he has to prove himself at another club before he can really be considered a top manager as although what he did at Barca was really exceptional, so was the set up, players etc that he inherited.

Comment

• Get Mourinho and Pep in the PL!

Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Guardiola, would be sick

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
          Sir Alex will retire the min he hears Guardiola signed a contract with Man City.

Think the 6-1 was bad? You'll be seeing double digits in Man Citys favor everytime vs United.
          Pep Guardiola 4 years coaching wins 2 UCL titles in a brutal fashion against Sir Alex’s coached United. Ferguson 26 years as United coach, wins 2 UCL in the most luckiest fashion of all time twice and exposed at the European level numerous times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
            Pep Guardiola 4 years coaching wins 2 UCL titles in a brutal fashion against Sir Alex’s coached United. Ferguson 26 years as United coach, wins 2 UCL in the most luckiest fashion of all time twice and exposed at the European level numerous times.
            Sir Alex never took a knee Cotto style like Pep seems to be planning to.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
              Sir Alex never took a knee Cotto style like Pep seems to be planning to.

Barcelona ruined Sir Alex Ferguson, never the same again. Couldn’t even make it out of the group stages

Comment

• Vid proves my point, Sir Alex manages to teh death, unlike some Barca manager.

Comment

• Pep has resigned. I wonder who will hand out the oranges at half time now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
                    Yeh my post looked dumb.

Absolutely it was the dutch total football philosophy. I worded that post wrong. What I meant was he inherited the basis of that squad from Franks team however he did take it up 3-4 levels. His record at Barca is sheer quality. When I said he should not be considered a messiah I meant in the context of whatever club he ends up at. He just polished up a well run machine at Barca and got it working better than ever before. I mean his only established signings to in the early days were Pique and Alves. That ain't allot to change a team that are 2nd in Spain to the best the world has seen. Wherever he ends up he'll never inherit that sort of squad so it has to be so much harder. Its obvious he is a fantastic man manager but IMO he has to prove himself at another club before he can really be considered a top manager as although what he did at Barca was really exceptional, so was the set up, players etc that he inherited.
                    That's the thing, he doesn't care if anyone considers him as one of the greatest managers of all time, all he cares about all he ever cared about was FC Barcelona.

I think it's funny people are coming on here saying, "oh he has to prove to me that he's a great manager by going to another club and winning trophies", he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone b/c the only legacy he cares about is the legacy of FC Barcelona. He's Barca through and through, if he goes anywhere else it will be for the money not for the love of the club.

Comment

• Someone said on talks port that you can't compare pep to a legend like Wenger.. Wenger built a club.. Pep moved into one..

I will say something a great like fergie would never run and quit after winning nothing

Comment

Working...
                      X