Interesting news from DSE...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting news from DSE...

From PrideFC.com

"DSE also discussed the matchups for the second round. “We're going to mix the results from the surveys yesterday, the surveys from the home page and our feelings as the promoter to decide by May 10 th . Ogawa should be at this top technical and physical level by August. We want the best 4 remaining in August so there probably won't be a Nogueira/Fedor match. It will be a tough match no matter who their opponents are. Regarding Sakuraba's match, he's set himself out to get revenge during the remainder of his career. We hope to put together a card with a similar them that will have people looking forward to next year's Middleweight Grand Prix.”

Looks like we have another Grand Prix to look forward to next year. YAY!!!

It looks like they want Saku to get decapitated by Silva. ****ing morons.

Comment

is ogawa injured or something?

Comment

Man, horrible wording by the Japanese.

"We want the best 4 remaining in August so there probably won't be a Nogueira/Fedor match."

Obviously its either Nog or Fedor that they don't think will make it to the finals. I wonder which one....

"Regarding Sakuraba's match, he's set himself out to get revenge during the remainder of his career."

With what? Against who? Bold statement, no follow up.... *******S! I'm guessing Sak is gonna be in next year's Middleweight GP?

Its cool that they are already planning for another GP, but really, between their last one and this one, they'll have more GP shows than regular shows. Kinda weird, esspecially when they have 8 & 16 man tourneys... next thing you know its like the UFC's light heavy weight class where we see the same guys fighting eachother over and over again.

Comment

Adam, I think they meant we want the best 4 remaining so there probably won't be a Nogueira Fedor match as in they won't fight in the second round and they except both of them to make it thru to the final 4.

As for everything else, I agree 100%

Comment

There's a bunch of other middleweights that weren't in the last one. How bout Hendo or Arona in it, possibly Alex Steibling if he gets back on track. There are alot of LHW out there. I wouldn't be suprised if they did a 16 man tourny.

Comment

Stiebling sucks, but I would like to see Arona and Hendo in there! That would OWN!!! Maybe we'll get to see a hendo busta rematch.

Comment

Imagine if the UFC sent over Tito for this event, or even Randy. That would be awesome.

Vitor is also a strong possiblity.

Comment

Having two 16 man events back to back is not a good idea. 16 man events take at least 3 seperate dates to pull off. A GP just takes up too much time to have them back to back.

Comment

If sak fights silva again - sak will win

Comment

Working...
                    X