Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jessie Vargas new found power...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jessie Vargas explained in the post-fight interview that he's always had power, but now he's more experienced, takes his time and sets up his shots.

I never liked Vargas, but he put on an excellent performance last night, and gained my respect while doing it.

Instead of trying to discredit Vargas you should be disappointed in Ali for making excuses. Ali: "My ankle doe. Vargas was landing bombs on my ankle doe!"

Comment

The way Ali was talking you would think Vargas knocked out Ali's ankle and not Ali himself, .

Comment

Originally posted by BS BadBoy View Post
        Im just curious to how its came about though, its just weird you can have 10 fights without really hurting journeymen and then you start pummeling top ten world fighters.
        Look at the shot he hit Bradley with and the first Ali knockdown. They didn't see the punches coming. It's just the result of setting up the shots better and using his body to get leverage on them.

Comment

The first knockdown was a peach of a shot. As clean as you'll. Can't trust anyone who decided to work with Memo though. Regardless of how big a scene he made leaving him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            He did work with Memo. When he left him he implied that Memo was trying to give him gear. But that's the reason people work with Memo so he's probably full of shit.

Noticed the back acne. Thought Ali had some too.

Maybe he left Memo because he wasn't turning him into Hulk fast enough?

I can imagine Vargas arguing with memo after a few months of working with him..

Vargas: ¨why im still not punching harder ?? gimme the same stuff you gave Marquez so I can start brutally KOing ppl, im tired of being mocked because of my pillow fists¨

Memo: different bodies, different PEDs son, my stuff needs time to work, I'm just a chemist and PED supplier, I dont make miracles

Vargas: **** you, make me a hard puncher and do it NAO, or I fire you

but yeah, when you hire memo heredia, you do it for one reason only

Comment

Im just curious to how its came about though, its just weird you can have 10 fights without really hurting journeymen and then you start pummeling top ten world fighters.
              While I know Ali was ranked in the top ten by some groups I felt like that was undeserved so idk that this feat is quite as impressive as you are making it. Ali was more of unknown ability & his chin was largely a question mark more than he was a battle tested proven guy with a solid chin.

I will say its sorta kinda interesting Vargas had Bradley's bell rung & now KO's a guy for the first time in almost 5 years.

Comment

Ali was never that good, and Vargas works hard at this sport. I don't think he was dirty, but who knows.

Comment

And his slightly more lean physique!?

Isit just me or did anyone else notice that acne on dudes back last night?

Not saying he is... but could he be doing something else? Guy has literally 10 UD's... then badly hurts Bradley who had a fairly good chin and now stops Sadam who has a average chin...

Maybe he drank his own piss?

Thoughts please.
                  From the highlights I saw, Vargas was sitting down and committing to firing his punches, more than I've ever seen him in any other fight, tbh. You add that there seems to have been questions about Ali's chin, and I'd hold off about talking up Vargas' new-found power.

Will eventually watch the fight, and will consider tuning for his next one, tbh.

Comment

Is it now fair to say Bradley would outwork , punish and possibly knock out Ali? Remember hearing some people claiming Ali could handle Bradley.

Comment

Nothing suspicious, Francisco Santana exposed Ali shaky chin, poor reflexes and how he doesn't respond well to pressure

Vargas did his homework, took full advantage of the poor reflexes but freezing him with a jab then coming over the top with that right hand which he really couldn't miss because Ali reflexes are so BAD

Comment

Working...
                      X