No announcement yet.

What If Nobody Stole His Bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If Nobody Stole His Bike?

We all know the story, a twelve year old Cassius Clay is still fuming about the theft of his bike goes up to Louisville police officer and boxing coach Joe E. Martin to complain. Clay told Martin that he wanted to "whup" the thief and Martin maybe thought that boxing would give Clay some focus and discipline as well as giving him a means to "whup" the theif.

If young Cassius's bike never gets stolen, this meeting never occurs and Cassius Clay goes on to become the greatest dustbin man of all time how does this change the face of boxing?

Ali has such and big impact on the heavyweight boxing scene and in boxing general that his erasure for history would be far more severe than first thought.

But let just concentrate on the big fights and if they would not happen how would things panned out.

How long would have Liston ruled for if not for Ali disposing him? Would Frazier be the man to beat Liston or would it go very much like Frazier vs Foreman.

So first question is who stop Liston reign is Clay never becomes a boxer?

So how does Frazier career develop without Ali?

Does he catch Liston on the way down or does he get beat by Liston and then by Foreman, will he be regarded as highly if he doesn't have his 3 epic battles with Ali?

Then we have Big George Foreman, with out Ali, would could have seen Liston vs Foreman albeit a very old Liston. Even if that fight is not viable after Foreman destroys Norton and Frazier, who is there to stop him.

Foreman with no loss in the Jungle, will still have the aura of invincibility and who will still have a huge ego and maybe not have found God. I think Foreman would have been much more of a force and would have beat Jimmy Young and we would have seen Foreman vs Holmes. We could have even seen Foreman vs a Prime Tyson.

What effect do you think Ali's non existence has on heavyweight boxing?

I've wondered about this in the past. Not so much about what would happen with the Heavyweight division but what would of become of Muhammad Ali. Would he still be some kind of athlete? Would he still of been drafted into the military? It happened so early in his life that he still couldve been anything he wanted although I'm not sure how bad the segregation and whatnot was back then and whether or not he had the resources and opportunity to do whatever he wanted.

Comment

Something else would have annoyed him and he would have wanted to learn to whip somebody good for some other reason.

Maybe somebody would try and snatch his girl or something else?

Georgia in the 50s? There was a lot going on to get a young black man angry.

And his family wanted to get into the Nation. Crazy folks!
      Last edited by DET. IRONSIDE; 02-08-2011, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Liston Holds the title thru 64/65/66 before father time catches up with him and he drops the title to Ernie Terrell.

Terrells reign is obviously short lived - Lets say Frazier rips it from him in his first defence

Frazier through to Foreman

I still think the master boxer Jimmy Young decisions Foreman

Young holds the strap untill Norton takes it.

Norton loses in the epic with Holmes

Comment

I think Frazier's, Liston's and Foreman's take a very different path. Frazier needs the fights with Ali for his legacy. Liston retires as the greatest and only got beat because of age and Foreman doesn't retire young and fights Holmes.

Who know Clay could have become an HOF NFL player

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
              i would have reported this post for racism but i know you're just a f4ggot, not a bigot.

Comment

Working...
              X