Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peņalosa challenges Rafael Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Raf will move up @ 122 as he said in a post fight interview.

well Rafael is at his prime while Gerry is faded fighter. Gerry has a "very Slim chance" I pick Raf by KO.

Comment

i'm a great gerry peņalosa fan eversince he won the super flyweight title in 1997, but i think he will have a difficult matchup with rafa marquez. it should have happened a long time ago, say 8 years ago when gerry was stil at his peak physical condition.

he has lost some of his speed and reflexes as i saw it on his last fight with tomas rojas. plus the fact that marquez is the naturally bigger fighter, who punches very hard. one thing going for gerry, if my memory doesnt fail me, is that he hasn't been knocked down before much less knocked out in a fight. his durability will be greatly tested with marquez.

Comment

wouldnt be surpised with a win by rafa but im a gerry penalosa fan forever. i cried when in jin choo bicycled his way to upset gerry years back.

call it what you want , win or lose, im for gerry

Comment

well come to think of it...

maybe marquez just wants to beat a filipino to finally get pacquiao's attention.

gerry is a national treasure, even though he is past his prime now. hence in beating him it will create news and people would clamor for revenge.

result? they would want pacquiao to avenge a loss via a fight with his older brother, juan.

...hhhhmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Ace_Kicker
            well come to think of it...

maybe marquez just wants to beat a filipino to finally get pacquiao's attention.

gerry is a national treasure, even though he is past his prime now. hence in beating him it will create news and people would clamor for revenge.

result? they would want pacquiao to avenge a loss via a fight with his older brother, juan.

...hhhhmmmmm
            are you saying thats shady?

Comment

I cant wait til' Rafa beats that overrated piece of **** bum..

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret
                simply idiotic.

how can a two time world champion become over-rated???

convinced you dont know espinosa and better yet, convinced you dont know boxing.

Comment

Penalosa is not overrated he has mad technical skills and speed during his prime, although he is old now and most probably will get beat up by RAFA, but I am sure Gerry will give him a good fight ...

and we fans will be rewarded by an entertaining fight...

Comment

He's going in to the lion's den and the chances of him winning are very very slim. if you saw his last fight you saw that early in the fight he was outboxing mabuza with his jab and then left to it to slug with him and wore him down.He'll probably do the same, but if penalosa is very durable it will be a tko stoppage or maybe even a decision. I cant see anyone beating Rafa at 118 or below, especially not someone on the verge of retirement although stranger things have happend.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret
                      Is there any other word in your dictionary other than "overrated" and "bum?"

I guess you're the only one overrating an old fighter who has been given a chance.

It was wise of you to remove your Prospects signature. Your prospects are slowly falling one by one to supposedly sacrificial lambs. First you jinxed was Escobedo. I wonder who's next. Maybe Mares or Paez Jr?

Comment

Working...
                      X