No announcement yet.

Can't Make a Decision! What you think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
    Yeah, I had a 99 Cobra with crappy IRS. First mod was a solid from a GT, 4:30 gears and some BFG DRs.

Ported the intake, long tubes and 100 shot. She was fun....
    Right on. Fellow Stanger.

I think this S550 is getting a lot of flak, because it's the new one. Happens every evolution. It's going to be the best Stang by a wide margin. Just going to have to give the new look sometime, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      None of the above.
      Don't worry, Vin Diesel.

They (Mustang) have a turbo 4 banger in the model line up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Right on. Fellow Stanger.

I think this S550 is getting a lot of flak, because it's the new one. Happens every evolution. It's going to be the best Stang by a wide margin. Just going to have to give the new look sometime, I guess.
        Deep down Im a Mustang guy but I saw the 1LE and looks pretty sick. Price wise the 1LE is a bit more but not by much and its comparable to the Boss performance wise.

I figure that a cam, LTs, CAI, tune and a little 75 shot will make it fun for the streets. The thing has 3.91 gears, beefed up tranny/clutch from the ZL1, nice suspension pieces and what not. Alcantara wheel and other goodies.

For the Stang, I figure o/a the same mods and should be fun as well.

Straight from the factory I think that the 1LE looks much more aggressive without being "ricer". Very muscular, but the Stang looks much more refined.

Comment

Get that Challenger Hellcat...700+ horses.

Comment

Deep down Im a Mustang guy but I saw the 1LE and looks pretty sick. Price wise the 1LE is a bit more but not by much and its comparable to the Boss performance wise.

I figure that a cam, LTs, CAI, tune and a little 75 shot will make it fun for the streets. The thing has 3.91 gears, beefed up tranny/clutch from the ZL1, nice suspension pieces and what not. Alcantara wheel and other goodies.

For the Stang, I figure o/a the same mods and should be fun as well.

Straight from the factory I think that the 1LE looks much more aggressive without being "ricer". Very muscular, but the Stang looks much more refined.
            The only thing with the new Stang, is it might scare away the 1/4 mile drag heads (me) with the IRS.

The only 5th Gen I would think about getting would be the 1LE. Zl1 is a heat soaking tank, and the Z/28 is friggin 75k.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
              Get that Challenger Hellcat...700+ horses.
              Don't know about the mans budget, but you are talking about different pricing points.

Good luck walking out a dealer with a Hellcat for under 70k, regardless of what the "base price" Dodge is throwing out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                Don't know about the mans budget, but you are talking about different pricing points.

Good luck walking out a dealer with a Hellcat for under 70k, regardless of what the "base price" Dodge is throwing out there.
                They're trying to put a 60,900 base price on it.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
                  They're trying to put a 60,900 base price on it.
                  I've actually seen 59 and some change.

Like I said, after the huge dealer mark-ups due to demand and low production, good luck walking out the door with one for under 70.

Comment

Why the Stang?
                    Because Camaro's are whack. I recomend a Lincoln MKZ, or the always awesome Dodge Ram Quad Cab

Comment

gas is $4.35/gal...get a bus pass

Comment

Working...
                      X