No announcement yet.

Let's Talk About The Belts Situation and How It Can Be Fixed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    No is not that simple. Again is fantasy not reality.

Fighters like Floyd or Pac are not going to take less money cuz' they are lower in the rankings against a fighter who is not a draw like them. Nobody will force Floyd nor Pac to fight 4 times a year. And, they will not be paid less money than a joe blow.

Your system is damn near impossible to really work.
    This is true.

The popularity of a fighter toys with many things. How much they earn, how lucrative a fight is, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
      Either they apply to the rules or not fight and get the **** out of our sport. Simple as that. We need to follow in the foot steps of the NLF and Nba.

Ofcourse the PPV buys or seat money should be split to the bigger draw, but the guaranteed money should and could be controlled by a unilateral commision.
      But, you're comparing it to is a league. You want them to follow in the foot steps of a league. If you want boxing to be a league fine. But, neither the NBA nor NFL nor MLB is a world wide league. It is a world wide international sport(NBA is NFL not so much) but is NOT a world wide international league.

But, then that might and cuz' more confusion than anything else. Neither Floyd nor Pac would get the **** out of our sport but they will get the **** out of your league.

You can have Juanma fighting for your league(like a UFC) while Gamboa is fighting for a different league(like K1) and then we will never see that fight.

I mean where would this commission take place to hold these one organized ranking? In the U.S? How is Japan and fighters in Europe going to be involved in this? Are all the fights going to the place on U.S soil if we have a U.S based organization league?

I don't think it's as simple. I mean it sounds nice don't get me wrong. But, I just don't see how it would work.

Comment

All the damn interim belts mean are the number 1 contender gets a pseudo belt to walk around with and will be upgraded to full champion status if the champion won't fight him. Could just let him be #1 and leave it at that. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing they do charge sanctioning fees for interim title fights. That has to be the reason they give a belt to the mandatory guy.

WBA uses the super belts for unified champs, so they get another belt to charge fees for. Also completely ridiculous.

The minor/regional belts make fights 12 rounds where they'd otherwise be 10 rounds.

At least the regular titles count for a little something. No clue why any fighter cares about silver or diamond belts bollocks though.

At the end of the day it's all rubbish. 1 world, 1 world champion. That just makes too much sense though.

Comment

Interim champions, Super champions, Emeritus champions, Silver champions, Diamond champions... All of these belts were created for simply one reason, money(sanctioning fees). Money makes the world go round. If anything, we are going to see more and more belts because they create more and more revenue for the sanctioning bodies. Especially with the boxing's interest waning in America, these blood thirsty leeches will suck this sport of every last drop.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            But, you're comparing it to is a league. You want them to follow in the foot steps of a league. If you want boxing to be a league fine. But, neither the NBA nor NFL nor MLB is a world wide league. It is a world wide international sport(NBA is NFL not so much) but is NOT a world wide international league.

But, then that might and cuz' more confusion than anything else. Neither Floyd nor Pac would get the **** out of our sport but they will get the **** out of your league.

You can have Juanma fighting for your league(like a UFC) while Gamboa is fighting for a different league(like K1) and then we will never see that fight.

I mean where would this commission take place to hold these one organized ranking? In the U.S? How is Japan and fighters in Europe going to be involved in this? Are all the fights going to the place on U.S soil if we have a U.S based organization league?

I don't think it's as simple. I mean it sounds nice don't get me wrong. But, I just don't see how it would work.
            Have you heard of the FIBA, FIBV, FIFA? thats how the world would get involved, This is a international sport, there are more and more fighters comming fron not the us and lots of countries embracing boxing and lots of fights made outside the US.

Have a unilateral commision/organization and have different regions with the main commision taking the final descision on all Major matters.

and how many alex rodriguez's and Kobe Bryant's you see switchng leagues? Makes this work, make it succesful and the fighters will comply with the rules like in the other major sports players do.

But it makes to much damn sense to happend

Comment

It's impossible to fix the problem in boxing. Boxing is worldwide and it cannot have the MMA system. If boxing were owned by organizations then we would have instead of UFC something like Top Rank Championship, instead of StrikeForce Golden Boy Championship and etc. Every country would have it's own championship, whose boxers would never fight each other. With one belt per division PPV numbers would fall and boxing popularity would fall.

As in example in MW Hopkins sat there and beat up all challengers for 10 years. All challengers that climbed throught rankings and got shot to Hopkins didn't bring any excitement,any recognition to the fight. Best wins were from Trinidad and DLH, who were champions coming from lower weights, not through rankings in MW. When Hopkins was defeated and started moving around throught weight division then he had best fights in his life.

Comment

See guys the WBC just made my point to day. We need to get rid of the sanctioning bodies

Comment

I guess nobody likes to have real conversations, if isnt **** mexicans, puertorrican cry babies Mayweather is a coward or Manny is a ***** nobody is interested i guess

Comment

OK fellow boxing hardcores, here goes my boxing wet dream:

Forget the sanctioning organizations, **** 'em all... Start over create a new comission to regulate boxing. Have this comission make rules for every fight, things like ring size, glove size, etc... that way that stuff stays out of fight negotiations. Have this comission create three titles per division, call this tites whatever you want, the reason I say three it's because that way we would have unification bouts, and unified champions of the world.

Let's say a fighter becomes the unified champ, what happens if he loses? Let the guy that beat him get one title and the other two become vacant. Following a ranking system based on wins and not fame, let the four top guys fight for a title. The 3 champs of each div would have the choice of fighting a unification bout, or takin a fight against a top 5 fighter....

I know this probably won't happen, but hey one can dream right??

Comment

Working...
                    X