Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the winner of Pacquiao-Mayweather immediately deemed the best fighter of this era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, Pac has accomplished more plain and simple. Pac's legacy is sealed. Floyd himself has said Pac's too small. A win over Pac doesn't give floyd all of pac's accomplishments. Pac is a higher ATG and its gonna stay that way unless something drastic happens.

Duran was beaten twice by srl, ko'd brutally by hearns, and lost to hagler. Yet he is still a higher ATG then all 3.

Pac's present situation is pretty much the same, he might lose to floyd at ww which his last stop, but that wont put floyd higher all time. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
      It wasn't in the live broadcast, true, but it was talked about. And Cotto did pick Brus to beat Floyd. Then when Floyd humiliatingly dismantled Brus, that talk faded away. And so did Cotto.

Its of note too that Cotto was at the Gatti fight..watching that massacre..as was Hatton. Both didn't look too comfortable.

All good points in the bold. But Floyd is no Monzon, Tarver, or Taylor.
      IMO, the head to head Napoles-Monzon can be compared to Pac-Pbf. Monzon is a fellow ATG while Tarver/Taylor aren't.

Comment

Let's say that 140 is Pac's natural weight right now and 147 is Mayweather's natural weight. Both went and grabbed titles against the perceived top guys in the division (Cotto and DLH) in divisions one above their natural weight. So after that victory by Floyd against DLH, people cry that he needs to fight a top welter like Cotto or Margarito, including me. But now that Pac has won a fight in a division one higher than his natural weight (against Cotto) no one thinks Pacquiao should fight a top junior welterweight. Seems like a double standard to me.

Why does Mayweather have to fight top welterweights and clean out divisions, but Pacquiao doesn't have to fight top JWWs or clean out divisions?

The hate for Mayweather is crazy. Respect greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
          Let's say that 140 is Pac's natural weight right now and 147 is Mayweather's natural weight. Both went and grabbed titles against the perceived top guys in the division (Cotto and DLH) in divisions one above their natural weight. So after that victory by Floyd against DLH, people cry that he needs to fight a top welter like Cotto or Margarito, including me. But now that Pac has won a fight in a division one higher than his natural weight (against Cotto) no one thinks Pacquiao should fight a top junior welterweight. Seems like a double standard to me.

Why does Mayweather have to fight top welterweights and clean out divisions, but Pacquiao doesn't have to fight top JWWs or clean out divisions?

The hate for Mayweather is crazy. Respect greatness.
          Simple, because Pacquiao's resume ****s, i repeat, ****s on floyds. Pacquiao is starting to get the comparisons to the greats. Floyd only makes those comparisons himself.

Comment

The better man will win but listen, Pacquiao would still be more accomplished then Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
              Simple, because Pacquiao's resume ****s, i repeat, ****s on floyds. Pacquiao is starting to get the comparisons to the greats. Floyd only makes those comparisons himself.
              Pacquiao deserves comparisons to the greats, but so does Floyd Mayweather.

Mayweather has beaten Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Carlos Hernandez, Jose Luis Castillo twice, Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, Hatton, De La Hoya, and Marquez. Spanning 5 weight divisions and everyone forgets that Floyd Mayweather has never lost.

Do I think Pacquiao has a better resume? Yes. Do I think Pacquiao is a top ATG? Yes. Do I find Manny Pacquiao to be a better person? Yes. Do I respect Pacquiao more? Yes.

Do I honestly believe that Paquiao is a better fighter than Mayweather?

Absolutely not.

None of the above has anything to do with Floyd the fighter. Floyd Mayweather the fighter is absolutely incredible. When he's gone, we'll all be sorry we didn't appreciate him more when he was around. He's simply incredible.

Mayweather the person is an *******. I'd hang out with Manny every day instead of Floyd. But that has nothing to do with boxing.

Comment

i dthink so even if manny loses he stlll is lightyears ahead of mayweather
                what do people not get ab this ???
                this would be like floyd fighting a prime roy jones @ light heavy

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
                  Pacquiao deserves comparisons to the greats, but so does Floyd Mayweather.

Mayweather has beaten Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Carlos Hernandez, Jose Luis Castillo twice, Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, Hatton, De La Hoya, and Marquez. Spanning 5 weight divisions and everyone forgets that Floyd Mayweather has never lost.

Do I think Pacquiao has a better resume? Yes. Do I think Pacquiao is a top ATG? Yes. Do I find Manny Pacquiao to be a better person? Yes. Do I respect Pacquiao more? Yes.

Do I honestly believe that Paquiao is a better fighter than Mayweather?

Absolutely not.

None of the above has anything to do with Floyd the fighter. Floyd Mayweather the fighter is absolutely incredible. When he's gone, we'll all be sorry we didn't appreciate him more when he was around. He's simply incredible.

Mayweather the person is an *******. I'd hang out with Manny every day instead of Floyd. But that has nothing to do with boxing.
                  I agree with everything apart from the bold highlighted bit. How is Manny not a better fighter than PBF? He is rated no1 p4p because people think he is a better fighter. Floyd was gone for a while and he wasnt missed. No one was talking his name. He was famous for not taking challenges. Dont look good whatever way you look at it for PBF.
                  People are saying Pac is simply incredible, and that is what PBF wants people to say about him, but dont. Apart from you it seems.

Floyd is a great defensive boxer, but dont mistake that for the word fighter. You need to do both in equal measure. PBF is too lopsided. If PBF opened up on his opponents more, he knows he would get caught, so he doesnt. And ends up fighting boring. Anyone can do that. Dirrell could even do it as good as PBF against Froch.
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 11-16-2009, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Floyd can only close the gap between him & Pac if ever he beats him

the fact that both fought several divisions (& winning them) proves they're both the best in this era

Pac edges Floyd in the sense that at their peak division, Pac fought the best comp over Floyd

Comment

Working...
                    X