Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling my future professor in Japan in about 20 or so minutes.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Calling my future professor in Japan in about 20 or so minutes.

I'm just a little nervous about it, so I thought I'd write a little here to kill the time.

I hope I do not need to speak Japanese, as that will be even more terrifying.

I've never actually spoke with the professor, but we've been emailing now for over a year, and he has recommended me for the program I am going into, and I have since been accepted. The prof's probably a cool guy. But ****, I'm nervous.

Can you even speak Japanese?

Comment

Yes I can. Hence why I am in a position to attend graduate school in Japan.

Fair question though, Japanese is certainly a language for which their is a great scarcity of proficient westerners.

Comment

Originally posted by Organik View Post
        I'm just a little nervous about it, so I thought I'd write a little here to kill the time.

I hope I do not need to speak Japanese, as that will be even more terrifying.

I've never actually spoke with the professor, but we've been emailing now for over a year, and he has recommended me for the program I am going into, and I have since been accepted. The prof's probably a cool guy. But ****, I'm nervous.
        Relax man. If you've been e-mailing him in English I'm sure he can speak some English. Just take a few deep breaths before you make the call and you'll be ok.

Comment

Yes I can. Hence why I am in a position to attend graduate school in Japan.

Fair question though, Japanese is certainly a language for which their is a great scarcity of proficient westerners.
          Well good luck.

Comment

Well, here she goes

*deep breaths.

Comment

No answer.

Guess I'll give it a bit, and then maybe try the cell # he gave me. It's currently about 9:15am Japan time, so I guess the work day is just beginning.

Comment

hahha all nervous and no answer...i hate when that happens!!!!!!

Comment

Alright, I got through and it wasn't so bad.

I started out speaking Japanese. Actually, I initially froze up for a second when attempting to use Japanese, but once I got the first couple words out it was all down hill. Once I had introduced myself, he simply resorted to English.

Comment

Alright, I got through and it wasn't so bad.

I started out speaking Japanese. Actually, I initially froze up for a second when attempting to use Japanese, but once I got the first couple words out it was all down hill. Once I had introduced myself, he simply resorted to English.
                    how long is this little program and whats r u studyin in grad school?

Comment

Working...
                    X