No announcement yet.

Amazing footwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing footwork

Pep or Ali, who had the better footwork?

Muhammad Ali all day. He was ridiculously balanced & light on his feet especially when taking into consideration he was a pretty decent sized heavyweight. Fluidity at its finest.

Comment

Holyfield, Jersey Joe Walcott, Billy Conn, had brilliant footwork too, some of the best ever well that I have ever seen anyway.

Guillermo Rigondeaux IMO has the best of today, his footwork is amazing. Absolutely outstanding.

Comment

I rather be Pep. He didn't need to use nearly as much to make you miss. Ali's need to use a lot of movement for protection didn't serve him so well once he was older and had weaker legs.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Muhammad Ali all day. He was ridiculously balanced & light on his feet especially when taking into consideration he was a pretty decent sized heavyweight. Fluidity at its finest.
          I got no bones to pick with anyone choosing Ali, he was amazingly graceful for such a big man. Pep however seems to waste less movement. Both are amazing though. Wish there was more footage of Benny Leonard and Joe Gans. It is said they moved around the ring like they were on wheels.

Feel free to post other vids of guys with great footwork!

Comment

Pep may not be as graceful to watch, but I think his footwork was more effective.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
                He literally ran the entire fight, it should have been a victory for Johnson and it wasn't even close. That video really does not belong in this thread.

Comment

street fighting man would have been more appropriate for that ali video.

gotta go with ali far as the question.

Comment

Of all things I came in here to see, I did not expect Willie Pastrano, possibly the least deserving HOF'er in the history of the sport doing a running "Job" on Johnson.

Is that considered good footwork? Literally running and doing nothing?

Comment

Working...
                    X