Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britain and Ireland's greatest nights of boxing 2001-2011 - Please vote!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britain and Ireland's greatest nights of boxing 2001-2011 - Please vote!

I'm writing a series of articles on British and Irish boxing's greatest nights from 2001-2011 (up to and including Oct 15.) I'm avoiding the 90s just now because Eubank, Benn, Watson has been done to death. At the moment I have no idea where this serial may land - maybe self publish, published, magazine or a website. Althought some renowned boxing writers have advised me this would make a great book.

So far, 68 fights have been nominated with over 230 votes counted.

Anyway, I would sincerely appreciate it if you could pick your top ten fights to have taken place on British and Irish soil from 2001 to 2011. I'm going to be contacting a host of boxing writers to get them to vote as well.

The fights with the most votes will be made up into a top ten. From there I will write about them and interview every person possible who was involved with the fight, from the matchmaker to the ref to the fighters themselves.

If it takes off I'll look at doing other eras as well.

I'll keep the thread alive for a couple of weeks and let you know the results.

So if you could take the time to cast your top ten, as I said, I'd sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks

Shaun Brown

Not really the greatest fights in Britain, but here's 10 random big fights in no order (based on quality of the fight, big names, upsets and significance of the fights):

Hatton v Kostya Tszyu (Manchester 2005)
    Calzaghe v Kessler (Cardiff 2007)
    Calzaghe v Lacy (Manchester 2006)
    Dunne v Cordoba (Dublin 2009)
    Haye v Enzo Mac (London 2008)
    Moore v Rhodes (Bolton 2009)
    Froch v Pascal (Nottingham 2008)
    Williams v Harrison 1 (London 2005)
    Khan v Prescott (lol) (Manchester 2008)
    Hatton v Magee (Manchester 2002)

I know I'll probably change about half of them when other posters mention fights I've forgotten about

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
      Not really the greatest fights in Britain, but here's 10 random big fights in no order (based on quality of the fight, big names, upsets and significance of the fights):

Hatton v Kostya Tszyu (Manchester 2005)
      Calzaghe v Kessler (Cardiff 2007)
      Calzaghe v Lacy (Manchester 2006)
      Dunne v Cordoba (Dublin 2009)
      Haye v Enzo Mac (London 2008)
      Moore v Rhodes (Bolton 2009)
      Froch v Pascal (Nottingham 2008)
      Williams v Harrison 1 (London 2005)
      Khan v Prescott (lol) (Manchester 2008)
      Hatton v Magee (Manchester 2002)

I know I'll probably change about half of them when other posters mention fights I've forgotten about

Thanks for taking the time to post mate. Cheers.

I've added your votes.

Comment

Working...
      X