No announcement yet.

unarmed behavioral therapist with autistic patient with hands up shot by police

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
    i'm just grateful the autistic child didn't get spooked and start running after the gun shot. i have worked with kids with cerebral palsy who are spooked easily, especially from loud noises. if he had gotten up and ran they probably would have killed him on the spot.
    I respect your lil bus driving skills! C0ck nectar and probiotics are your mainstay!

Peace lil man! Gotta run now!

Comment

it just goes to show that police don't use all the proper tools necessary when investigating. they roll out deep with guns drawn just because someone called and mentioned the word "gun". out of the dozens and dozens of cops that arrived to the scene, at least one could have used the binoculars in the car and put out on the radio that it was a toy truck he was holding. would have taken 10 seconds to do so and put everyone at ease. at least everyone besides that one ******ed cop who pulled the trigger.
      Too many cops are responding to incidents seeking to escalate tensions rather than deescalate them these days. The militarization of domestic police forces is, in my opinion, as major a threat to our individual freedoms and liberties as Americans as the acts of any terrorist organization is.

http://www.vice.com/video/watch-our-...mericas-police

I know a lot of our more edgy teenage libertarians here won't click that link or watch the video because it specifically mentions Ferguson, but the overall theme of the episode is spot on and something I've personally witnessed in my own city over the course of the last year or so : We used to just have regular cops driving around in patrol cars, but nowadays I'm pulling up to red lights beside giant armored SWAT vehicles loaded with dudes wearing tactical gear...and my city isn't even plagued by violence. It's actually pretty quiet and calm aside from two shootings this year.

Fascism is on the rise in the United States on both sides of the aisle, and pretending that it's not just because you disagree with a few specific cases or the advocates of those cases isn't going to make the problem go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
        stop using straw man fallacy to deflect you from answering my simple question,

as a police officer,

what is the easier safer approach?

a suspect on his back with his hands up?

or

a suspect on his belly, with his hands behind his head?
        Okay let me answer it the second option. You know when cops are allowed to use lethal force, right? Does a man with both hands in the air while sitting on the ground pose a threat to cops?

Comment

i'm just grateful the autistic child didn't get spooked and start running after the gun shot. i have worked with kids with cerebral palsy who are spooked easily, especially from loud noises. if he had gotten up and ran they probably would have killed him on the spot.
          18 shots would've rang out and the poor kid would've been bleeding out, dead in the streets. Then you'd have people like Sterling Archer loudly screaming "WHY DID HE RUN, DOE!?" and trying to dig up something in his history that he could try to spin to discredit his autism.

"According to this article he once tied his shoes on his own! That doesn't sound autistic to me!"

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            Okay let me answer it the second option. You when cops are allowed to use lethal force, right? Does a man with both hands in the air while sitting on the ground pose a threat to cops?
            its not a safer approach than laying on your belly with your hands up or behind your head.

with the way this guy was giving up, he could have hidden a gun behind his leg and just pulled it out.

my option is less threatening.

i dont even know how anybody can argue that.

all the crazy mishaps we've had, the jumpy time period we are in right now as americans, you want to try to be as less of a threat to police as possible.

STOP TRYING TO KEEP IT REAL WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE LICENSED TO KILL.

smdh.. this isnt rocket science man.....
            Last edited by SterlingStained; 07-21-2016, 08:14 PM.

Comment

its not a safer approach than laying on your back with your hands up or behind your head.

with the way this guy was giving up, he could have hidden a gun behind his leg and just pulled it out.

all the crazy mishaps we've had, the jumpy time period we are in right now as americans, you want to try to be as less of a threat to police as possible.

dude, they weren't even trying to shoot the guy with his hands up! they were trying to shoot the kid with autism! that's how bad their aim is!

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                18 shots would've rang out and the poor kid would've been bleeding out, dead in the streets. Then you'd have people like Sterling Archer loudly screaming "WHY DID HE RUN, DOE!?" and trying to dig up something in his history that he could try to spin to discredit his autism.

"According to this article he once tied his shoes on his own! That doesn't sound autistic to me!"
                very true.

i understand that a lot of these recent police shootings involve people resisting or provoking, but when there is something as straight forward as this, there is simply no defending it.

Comment

dude, they weren't even trying to shoot the guy with his hands up! they were trying to shoot the kid with autism! that's how bad their aim is!
                  which is what i suspected all along which still makes ALL OF MY POINTS STILL VALID.

laying on your belly with your hands up or behind your head is the safer less threatening maneuver in the eyes of the police compared to on your back with your hands up.

Comment

its not a safer approach than laying on your belly with your hands up or behind your head.

Haven't seen the full vid but as far we know his hands remained in the air all the time before he got shot, so there was no reason to shoot. I gotta say those "options" you posted was good "jigging" to try and stare the discussion for you to get a little win because the position you would have chosen was less threatening . You come up in here talking bout what position the guy should have lay in but you know the police had no reason to shoot him. You just can't deal with any situation where BLM will be proven right.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X