Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I came to my senses; Ortiz is being cashed out...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not that GBP does not know how to handle young fighters, it's that they suck at finding real talent. They just sign in every charismatic and "pretty boy" young fighters even if they are mediocre.

Comment

I'll be rooting for Ortiz, man I hate that ***** Berto.

Comment

They(Golden Boy Promotions) have given Ortiz almost every opportunity.They invested alot of money and time into building him up to be a superstar before he even fought a real contender.

If they want to cash in on him,then they're more than entitled to do so.Why should they waste anymore time on a guy that doesn't seem to appreciate what he's been given?

I do hope that he shatters Andre Berto's glass jaw,however.

Comment

Both guys are hype jobs but Berto is gonna KTFO Ortiz before Round 10, mark my words. Unless Ortiz quits first. That's a real possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
            They(Golden Boy Promotions) have given Ortiz almost every opportunity.They invested alot of money and time into building him up to be a superstar before he even fought a real contender.

If they want to cash in on him,then they're more than entitled to do so.Why should they waste anymore time on a guy that doesn't seem to appreciate what he's been given?

I do hope that he shatters Andre Berto's glass jaw,however.
            agree with this

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
              In a way GBP is cashing out Ortiz, and it just lingered in my head as I was talking to a fam member or Ortiz lastnight. First thing is that GBP told Ortiz he has to win a title this year and they wouldn't put him up against Khan, Bradley is a sitting duck for Khan, Maidana is fighting Morales, and there's a vacant WBC JWW belt out there but no big top contenders out there to fight for it. Not to mention Mabuza is fighting Judah and Matthysse and Alexander are in negociations. The next available option would be at another weight class of 147, and Andre Berto would be the only option for Ortiz to get recognized if he wins. Dibella offered this fight to Ortiz and he agreed to take it; it was not GBP who forced Ortiz to take it, but they do want Ortiz to take a big fight this year. What got me thinking was why GBP has not done ANYTHING to promote this fight? The answer is that they don't think Ortiz will win. I can see them trying to talk Ortiz into taking other fights, but sense no one has given the kid a title shot he's basically saying **** it, and he seems to have been following Berto's fights because he's probably wanted a fight with him in the future. I think Ortiz knows about Berto's mistakes, but GBP doesn't believe he will win this fight that's why their not spending time promoting this...Khan had more promo with his fight with McCloskey? But Berto vs Ortiz doesn't?
              what are you talking about?

how can you promote a fight that's not even a done deal? correct me if I am wrong but they haven't found a venue yet.

and also while I know this about Ortiz and your sympathy for him you make it sound like GBP isn't doing anything YET DiBella hasn't said much about this fight either

you simply can't until everything is locked into place.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                Victor lost one fight against a fcking beast and people act like his career is ruined.on 2-5-43 Sugar Ray Robinson lost to Jake Lamotta,i wonder what the posts about that would have been.
                I know Mark, its crazy and its not like he wasn't doing so bad either in the fight.

Berto is a total hypejob and Ortiz has the skills and ability to win this fight if his head is on straight.

Comment

I don't think that GBP has abandoned him because of his loss but more for his comments after the fight. When a young fighter takes a good shot and starts talking about retiring you have to assume his head isn't into the game.

Hes a good fighter and he can prove them all wrong with a good win. Berto could be just what he needs.

Comment

Victor Ortiz has been a huge disappointment so far. In his first against someone who is actually a good fighter, he got destroyed. In his second fight against some who is actually a good fighter, he came in overweight on the scales and still got a gift draw. Now, in his third fight against someone who is actually a good figher, he will be completely over-matched. Victor Ortiz should retire from boxing. Ortiz is too squeamish for boxing.

Comment

Ortiz is shook and GBP know this. Maidana changed his whole fighting style and the other fighters know that if they push him hard he will break. I really don't like Berto and it would be humilating for him to lose to Ortiz but it's not going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X