No announcement yet.

The Official Abner Mares-Jhonny Gonzalez Card RBR & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    That's also what makes them the most exciting in the sport.

And why is AA opening his mouth to give advice? From what I hear he just got a gift decision in Germany.
    It was closer than the cards showed and IMO could have gone to either man.
    No way was 117-111 even logical

Comment

• Originally posted by FU€RO View Post
      Anybody any given day could get caught the way Mares was caught specially when you don't cover yourself as well as he does. Losing in the first round doesn't mean much compared to getting out boxed or being beat for several rounds. One round doesn't really determine what would have been the end result of the fight. Yet Jhonny won in the best way possible and rightfully deserves the recognition.

For Mares this should be learning experience. He either was too confident, too proud or plain dumb to not hold when he could've. For sure next time he goes through the same problem, he may or should be smart enough to hold.

I would like to point out the class shown by both fighters at the end.

Specially the post fight comment by Mares "I'm not in boxing to retire undefeated but to fight the best". May this be a fact and not words unlike those who claim to be the best without fighting the best at given moments.
      good post
      and idk how this green thingy works but I guess I gave you 4 k?

Comment

• Mares is a stand up guy, i hope he recovers quickly. I want to see him drop back down to 122.

Comment

Working...
        X