Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward To The Hall Of Fame Right Now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward To The Hall Of Fame Right Now?

Do Andre Ward's accomplishmenst warrant him entry into the HOF? I read an older interview with from his trainer where he said something along the lines of "If his shoulder surgery isn't successful he can just retire and go into the hall of fame." so it looks like that's the line of thinking his camp his going by.

If he retired today (which looks possible right now) this is what he can claim:
    -Undefeated
    -Wins over best in his division (Froch, Kessler, Abraham)
    -Super Six Tournament Winner
    -#1/#2 (depending on the list) P4P

What do you guys think. I could see him going into the HOF.

nope.....apart from the 3 wins you mentioned plus weight drained dawson, not any more good wins but by todays standard of hof inductions, yea

Comment

heck nooooooooooooooo

doesn't have a deep enough resume and doesn't have a lot of great accomplishments at all. he is also one of the dirtiest and unwatchable fighters in boxing.

and he shouldn't be close to #1 or #2 p4p since he's been so inactive.
      Last edited by Divine Hammer; 10-26-2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=656821

Comment

He belongs in the HOF. If there were a Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame. He would already be in it.

Comment

laughable...I think he needs a win from the 3 champs at the light heavy and GGG of course and become an american hero

Comment

no way. his only good win is froch. when you think about it...who did kessler ever beat? anthony mundine, librado andrade, allan green??? the froch win was good for kessler but i thought froch deserved the nod. and abraham's best win is against a faded jermain taylor.

no way in hell does ward deserve to be in the hall of fame for beating froch and the corpse of chad dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by percypercy View Post
                Do Andre Ward's accomplishmenst warrant him entry into the HOF? I read an older interview with from his trainer where he said something along the lines of "If his shoulder surgery isn't successful he can just retire and go into the hall of fame." so it looks like that's the line of thinking his camp his going by.

If he retired today (which looks possible right now) this is what he can claim:
                -Undefeated
                -Wins over best in his division (Froch, Kessler, Abraham)
                -Super Six Tournament Winner
                -#1/#2 (depending on the list) P4P

What do you guys think. I could see him going into the HOF.
                no way in hell!! Of those 3 names you mentioned, I'll only submit Froch, that Kessler win was cheap as ****, Kessler was elbowed, pushed, butted, hit on the break, cut and the fight was stopped...Ward should have been disqualified.

Then the AA fight, the guy who was beat more convincingly already by Froch if I'm not mistaken. Heck, Dirrell for 7 rounds or so did a better job lol

So apart from Froch (very good win) not much to write home about, Not to mention his *****ing, his inactivity, his unwillingness to fight Bute and his slightly above average resume.

HOF my arse!

Comment

I dont think so,

Froch is the only really good name on his resume.

He is a great fighter, but hes got to show us how great he is.

Comment

Originally posted by WombBat View Post
                    I dont think so,

Froch is the only really good name on his resume.

He is a great fighter, but hes got to show us how great he is.
                    Yeah, he clearly has the ability, but the super six alone won't cut it. Especially when it's been followed by just two fights in three years.

Comment

Working...
                    X