No announcement yet.

Top 10 boxers of the 21st Century

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
    What I think is irrelevant, what is proven, is relevant.

Having said that, Vitali has been far better educated about what is right and wrong in terms of usable substances. It's as simple as that.
    Vitali is a proven drug cheat. Morales is a proven drug cheat. You list one and refuse to list the other based on that criteria, which is hypocritical.

Comment

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
      Vitali is a proven drug cheat. Morales is a proven drug cheat. You list one and refuse to list the other based on that criteria, which is hypocritical.
      No it's not. Vitali fully disclosed the substances in the injection he was given to help heal his injury. The Ukrainian amateur boxing board did not tell him what he was taking was illegal. He was tested by VADA and it came up that he was taking steroids. Vitali speaks about all this in his biography. Erik Morales took PEDs to enhance his performance. A vast difference.

You know what I'm saying is right but if you refuse to accept it, there is nothing I can do or say.

Comment

No it's not. Vitali fully disclosed the substances in the injection he was given to help heal his injury. The Ukrainian amateur boxing board did not tell him what he was taking was illegal. He was tested by VADA and it came up that he was taking steroids. Vitali speaks about all this in his biography. Erik Morales took PEDs to enhance his performance. A vast difference.

You know what I'm saying is right but if you refuse to accept it, there is nothing I can do or say.
        So Vitali says it, it must be true? Just like Mosley didn't know right?

VADA hadn't even been created yet

Comment

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
          So Vitali says it, it must be true? Just like Mosley didn't know right?

VADA hadn't even been created yet
          Sign of someone who has lost an argument. VADA, or what ever the drug testing agency/agencies were at the time, they tested Vitali has being positive, after his boxing board, not himself, said it was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
            Did Kostya Tszyu fight in the 21st. century?
            Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            He unified the 140 lb title by beating Zab Judah in 2001.
            Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
            Yes, and judged by his fights up to the Hatton loss has a good argument for being top ten pound for pound for the first 5 years of this century.
            My point exactly! Maybe not as glamourous as some, but deserving nonetheless.

Comment

Sign of someone who has lost an argument. VADA, or what ever the drug testing agency/agencies were at the time, they tested Vitali has being positive, after his boxing board, not himself, said it was ok.
              You lost the argument when you started contradicting yourself

Comment

I'm too lazy to make a list right now, but I find it odd no one has included Ricardo Lopez. I would have him rated higher than most of the fighter on the lists

Comment

this thread really should be more busy, great fun listing the best guys in a century where the likes of Jones Jr and DLH slowly faded but Pac, Hopkins and Mayweather made their names. Not to mention Wlad, Vitali, Barrera, Morales, Calzghe....so my top 10 (subject to minor changes):

1. Manny Pacquiao
                  2. Bernard Hopkins
                  3. Floyd Mayweather
                  4. Joe Calzaghe
                  5. Marco Antonio Barrera
                  6. Juan Manuel Marquez
                  7. Wladimir Klitschko
                  8. Vitali Klitschko
                  9. Oscar De La Hoya
                  10. Roy Jones Jr. (gets a mention for winning a title at HW and beating a very good Tarver)

Honorable mentions go to Froch and Trinidad. Froch may well make it onto that list if he can beat Kessler, meaning he would have beaten pretty much every SMW that matters, barring Ward.
                  Pretty sure you forgot Morales. Wins over Pac and Barrera say it all.

Comment

1. Pacquiao
                    2. Marquez
                    3. Mayweather
                    4. Morales
                    5. Barrera
                    6. Lewis
                    7. Roy Jones
                    8. ODLH
                    9. Calzaghe
                    10. Trinidad

Comment

Leaving out Morales on PED stuff.

Puts in Vitali, Jones etc.

I'm pretty sure nearly all the top fighters in all sports today use something. I just forget about it. It's too hard to judge.

However, to put in Vitali, 100% proven steroid user, even admitted from his own mouth too, while leaving someone else out, is so utterly inane, and moronic that it cannot be justified.

"Vitali says he doesn't do it anymore so it's okay! His injuries just miraculously healed and haven't reared their heads at all since. Morales got busted though"

Are you listening to yourself?

Comment

Working...
                      X