No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chemito Moreno Dominates Parra, Makes Him Quit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chemito Moreno Dominates Parra, Makes Him Quit

At the Arena Roberto Duran in Panama City, Panama, WBA bantamweight champion Anselmo "Chemito" Moreno (31-1, 11KOs) stopped Lorenzo Parra (31-3, 18KOs) before the ninth round. Parra would not come out for the ninth round. The fight was not an easy to watch. Moreno easily outboxed Parra in every round. He was taunting Parra to fight him in the later rounds, but for some reason the challenger was more interested in staying on the backfoot and refused to fight on the inside. Parra was just trying to survive and seriously outclassed.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 06-18-2011, 01:31 AM.

Boring fight, Parra was not willing to fight, while Moreno was unable to get into Parra's guard to throw some power punches. Then it finished with Parra quitting in his stool, even though he wasn't even hurt. =/

Comment

sucks for whoever had the over 9.5 rds....

Comment

Good for you Anselmo... Viva Panama

Comment

Good times.Thank god i fell asleep though seemed boring as hell

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
            Good times.Thank god i fell asleep though seemed boring as hell
            lol i passed out at about 2.3am so missed the whole thing. Wanted to see Moreno but by the sounds of I'm it glad i didnt stay awake

Comment

what a snoozer. neither had the power to hurt each other.
              after the 8th round when they came back from the commercial break the fight was over. i couldnt figure out what happened. i know a little lazy tijuana spanish but this announcer was speaking rapid fire.
              i read parra had a hand injure and didnt want to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by MAXWELL_ View Post
                what a snoozer. neither had the power to hurt each other.
                after the 8th round when they came back from the commercial break the fight was over. i couldnt figure out what happened. i know a little lazy tijuana spanish but this announcer was speaking rapid fire.
                i read parra had a hand injure and didnt want to go on.
                Yeah, I know spanish and supposedly Parra had an injured hand and the corner decided to stop the bout. I just don't buy it, he didn't even threw punches =P

Comment

It seems I was wrong about the DAY of this fight. I automatically assumed they held all the big fights on Saturdays. So it was actually fortunate that I couldn't get any tickets, although I suppose I'd have seen the day and date on the ticket. I'm hadicapped by not speaking Spanish.

Anyway all's well that ends well, since it seems to have been a stinker. I'll likely see it on TV tonight.

Comment

Missed it last night but watched it this morning.

Was quite the snoozer to be honest. But, Moreno won so I'm happy.

I want to see him fight Donaire. Hopefully, he will step up to the plate this time round.

Comment

Working...
                    X