Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your personal opinion,is Deontay Wilder a legit champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wilder isn't an easy fight for anyone as long as he's standing, he showed a damn good chin against stiverne

also, what makes wlad a champ is the caliber of opponent he beats...not his trinkets

imho stiverne is better than wlad's last 6 or 7 opponents...and yes that includes the chinny overhyped pulev who was supposed to give wlad fits and instead crumbled and made numerous excuses after the fight

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      Sadly there isn't one belt anymore and he won his fair and square legit. Floyd is the best at 147 does that make brook not a champion or manny?
      The Floyd and Manny situation is obviously unique, for two guys on that level to not fight year after year. Brook is not really the champion though, no. A third place champion is not a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
        The Floyd and Manny situation is obviously unique, for two guys on that level to not fight year after year. Brook is not really the champion though, no. A third place champion is not a champion.
        So kovalev and golovkin aren't champs either

Comment

Sadly there isn't one belt anymore and he won his fair and square legit. Floyd is the best at 147 does that make brook not a champion or manny?
          In that case I would say both Floyd and Manny are equally the best and that Brook is just a belt holder. The fans should know who the undisputed champion of a weight class is despite the number of beltholders. I guess it really depends on fan opinion.

When I say belt holder I mean that they're A champion not THE champion.

Comment

No. Those guys are champions! But it's like I said I guess it depends on fan opinion on who the REAL champion is. IMO GGG is the real middleweight champion not Cotto. I don't care if Cotto beat Martinez to me Cotto is just A champion. But I'm sure a Cotto fan would argue and say that Martinez was the undisputed champ when he lost. While that is true I would counter and say that GGG would wreck Cotto if they fought.

Comment

No. He's a title holder who needs to make defenses against the best contenders to position himself for a shot at the legit champion in the division. That's how boxing is supposed to work.

Comment

he isn't a champ until he fights and beats wlad. unfortunately for wilder, wlad will hit him so hard his stick legs will shatter under him.

Comment

Plus I would also call that title legit so whenever Wlad decies to pick it up, t means something. There is a lineage to the belt now, so if Wilder can build on that it means a little bit.

Or whoever beats Wilder first so they get some shine.

Comment

They are still titleholders at this point...

Comment

Those are three different questions you're mixing together:

1. Who is widely recognized as the best in the division?
                      2. Do you care about lineal status?
                      3. Is everyone with a belt a champion?

There are debates about who is the best between Floyd/Manny and Kovalev/Stevenson and both pairs need to fight to settle it, since they all have decent claims.

Barely anyone seriously thinks Cotto is the top guy or "champion" at MW, lineal belt or not.

Brook is clearly not the top guy at 147, title or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X