No announcement yet.

Mares defeats moreno!!!!MARES VS Donaire make it happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1sballotHOF View Post
    But onto TS's topic. This is a tough ass fight to call. Can anyone give me a fight where someone pressured the hell outta Donaire as a reference point, so I can study it, and come up with a better analysis.

LMAO @ Rigo vs. Donaire. Donaire doesn't need any more snooze fests. I just hate Rigo's "will absolutely not punch you, unless you throw a punch at me" style. It's aggravating as hell.
    I believe that it would be a tough fight for donaire but he would obviously be the favorite. If donaire does not put him away early then mares workrate and pace can give donaire problems late. But then again if mares comes at donaire like that it can be an short night with Donaire power

That`s the fight I want to see the most in boxing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
      it would be a hell of a fight. But you can clearly see mares is more interested in super fights and you can`t fault him because he has faced nothing but elite competition lately so it would be a step back to take on an up and coming star.
      yeah, fuking TR and GBP should make this happen.

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
        not the pace that mares set today. thats for sure.
        Yep. I'm not even going to lie. I can't call this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
          I believe that it would be a tough fight for donaire but he would obviously be the favorite. If donaire does not put him away early then mares workrate and pace can give donaire problems late. But then again if mares comes at donaire like that it can be an short night with Donaire power

That`s the fight I want to see the most in boxing right now.
          Right on with you bro.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sballotHOF View Post
            Yep. I'm not even going to lie. I can't call this fight.
            i favor donaire a bit, but the way hes been getting hit flush and the tremendous pace mares is gonna set, it would be a hell of a fight.

If Mares can keep some of his body shots higher.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Moreno took too long to get started.

Scorecards were horrific but it doesn't matter because the right man won. The KD sealed it even without the point deduction.

Congrats to Abner Mares. He's proved he's a world class fighter once and for all.
              Moreno didn't expect Mares aggression and output. Mares has good chin and did not respect Moreno's power at all. Mares also leaned on Moreno chest a few time...excellent game plan and execution.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                Moreno didn't expect Mares aggression and output. Mares has good chin and did not respect Moreno's power at all. Mares also leaned on Moreno chest a few time...excellent game plan and execution.
                Mares jab also was working very well and I don't think Moreno was expecting that.

From the first round I said to myself, Moreno needs to take that jab away but he couldn't on a consistent basis.

Mares really impressed me tonight.

Comment

Mares jab also was working very well and I don't think Moreno was expecting that.

From the first round I said to myself, Moreno needs to take that jab away but he couldn't on a consistent basis.

Yeah... he kept to the lead jab and rush to establish the inside game..it kind of neutralize Moreno's jab. Another important thing was that Mares was able to cut of the ring often. Moreno thinks that he could just fight defensively for a while then go back and counter like how he does usually with the other opponents. Mare's good mix of body and head (sometimes the other head shots) help keep Moreno at bay. I thought Mares was gonna gas out after 8-9 rds. Mares changes style when he is tired....takes a bit of breather but not being aggressor for 1/2 of rd.

Overall, well executed...BUT NEEDS TO BE CLEANER.

Comment

I had Moreno winning by a point but have no issue with Mares getting the nod. I gave Moreno 1, 3, 7, 8, 10, 12. I gave Mares 2, 4, 5-6. I had 9 and 11 even. 6-4-2 for Moreno. Moreno did a much better job in the second half than the first when he planted and went to the body more. Same problem in some other fights with guys who pressed. I was ultimately impressed by both guys. Moreno dug deep to stop what looked like a looming rout going into seven. That was world class stuff by two guys in their prime.

I really enjoyed it.

Mares doesn't get the credit he should for the run he's on. He faces TOP stuff over and over and doesn't just run over guys so he gets overlooked for guys who don't take the same risks. Kind of unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                      I had Moreno winning by a point but have no issue with Mares getting the nod. I gave Moreno 1, 3, 7, 8, 10, 12. I gave Mares 2, 4, 5-6. I had 9 and 11 even. 6-4-2 for Moreno. Moreno did a much better job in the second half than the first when he planted and went to the body more. Same problem in some other fights with guys who pressed. I was ultimately impressed by both guys. Moreno dug deep to stop what looked like a looming rout going into seven. That was world class stuff by two guys in their prime.

I really enjoyed it.

Mares doesn't get the credit he should for the run he's on. He faces TOP stuff over and over and doesn't just run over guys so he gets overlooked for guys who don't take the same risks. Kind of unfair.
                      Yeah, I remember the whole board raving about Froch with the run he was on, and yet Mares has fought consistently better opposition I think that are doing better too. Darchinyan is the guy that has faced the best competition consistently for me.

Donaire
                      Mares
                      Arce
                      Mijares
                      Moreno
                      Pacheco
                      Agbeko
                      Perez
                      Yamanaka
                      Kirilov
                      Rojas

All are, were, or became champions at the time Darchinyan fought them. He's also got his share of former champions too.

Even his soft touches, between losses, are guys who look good on someone else's resume.

I really enjoyed it too actually. I don't understand, at all, those guys saying Moreno is a ***** runner. The guy was walking Mares down, trying to land bombs every time Mares slowed up a bit, and he's a pure counter puncher. It's just funny what people think compared to what they see. I saw one guy saying Mayweather, Wladimir and Ward are exciting boxers that box 'properly' while Moreno was just a ****** runner that deserved the 120-106 card.....wtf?

Moreno took more chances and risks in that fight trying to land the big one than those three combined have in their last three fights.
                      Last edited by BennyST; 11-11-2012, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X