No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido Not Worried About Beating Mikey Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido Not Worried About Beating Mikey Garcia

The world featherweight champion of the World Boxing Organization (WBO), Orlando "Siri" Salido (39-11-2, 27KOs), is not concerned with any potential danger involved in facing Miguel Angel 'Mikey' Garcia (29-0, 25KOs). Salido was going to defend his belt against Garcia on November 10th in Las Vegas, but broke his index finger in an accident and was forced to withdraw.

[Click Here To Read More]

My concern with this delay is, according to Salido he was already struggling to make 126 and already having gone up to 130 once how will cutting weight affect him by January?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Blah, blah, blah, blah, just get ready for this beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
        My concern with this delay is, according to Salido he was already struggling to make 126 and already having gone up to 130 once how will cutting weight affect him by January?

I am right there with you with that concern. Plus, it troubles me that Salido is even talking about being open to another opponent if Mikey's not available. It is a very small setback. Should be rescheduled for as soon as possible, and no one should be looking at other opponents. This was a fan fight, period. None of this side-stepping please.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous
          Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyabolic

I am right there with you with that concern. Plus, it troubles me that Salido is even talking about being open to another opponent if Mikey's not available. It is a very small setback. Should be rescheduled for as soon as possible, and no one should be looking at other opponents. This was a fan fight, period. None of this side-stepping please.
          I've always said Mikey would end up fighting for a vacant belt and Im sticking by it. I hope not but thats the feeling Im getting. Not cause Salido is ducking him but cause of weight issues. Ive noticed Salido put on some muscle for Juanma I and then he looked a little more solid for the second one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
            I've always said Mikey would end up fighting for a vacant belt and Im sticking by it. I hope not but thats the feeling Im getting. Not cause Salido is ducking him but cause of weight issues. Ive noticed Salido put on some muscle for Juanma I and then he looked a little more solid for the second one as well.

Yeah, you may be on to something.

Comment

Trouble making weight no trouble making weight, no broken hand, plaster in his gloves it really didn't matter. Mikey Garcia is too good for him...

Comment

Garcia, get's comfortable fighting at a distance and taking his time.I haven't seen him in a tough fight yet. Salido will be infront of him all the time pushing the pace. WAR SIRI!

Comment

Originally posted by Babalu11 View Post
                  Garcia, get's comfortable fighting at a distance and taking his time.I haven't seen him in a tough fight yet. Salido will be infront of him all the time pushing the pace. WAR SIRI!
                  This fight won't be a Tom & Jerry like Cotto-Mayweather was. Mikey thinks like Mayweather but he's a banger!! Salido's a brawler, but his experience will be outclassed by Mikey's logic. Mikey KO 7th round

Comment

Working...
                  X