Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Looking For a "Wow" Performance on 12/15

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He never was elite to me but is a good fighter just has a glass jaw and talks too much that's why ppl dont like him

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      I don't know where people got that misconception but Carlos Molina had more fights above 135 than Khan has. I think people must just look at what the fighter weighed in his last fight on boxrec and then assume that's his usual weight. Truth is Molina fought more Light welterweights than Khan did.
      You're right. Molina has 13 fights above 135, while Khan has 8. But, clearly Khan has fought the better competition and he usually weighs-in heavier than Molina.

Comment

By WOW he means a world of warcraft performance, basically saying he needs a wizard to turn him into an elite fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          By WOW he means a world of warcraft performance, basically saying he needs a wizard to turn him into an elite fighter.
          You're getting confused...it's all about fight night weights. Also, when a fighter is starting out in a weight class and fighting in 4/6 rounders, the fights are contracted at a few pounds over the limit..therefore "light weight" fights can be contracted at 138 or something. Molina is very much a lightweight.

Top pedigree fighters groomed for the top often weigh-in at the limit from their first ever fight, eg. Hatton pretty much weighed in at 140, even for 4 rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            You're right. Molina has 13 fights above 135, while Khan has 8. But, clearly Khan has fought the better competition and he usually weighs-in heavier than Molina.
            You're getting confused...it's all about fight night weights. Also, when a fighter is starting out in a weight class and fighting in 4/6 rounders, the fights are contracted at a few pounds over the limit..therefore "light weight" fights can be contracted at 138 or something. Molina is very much a lightweight.

Top pedigree fighters groomed for the top often weigh-in at the limit from their first ever fight, eg. Hatton pretty much weighed in at 140, even for 4 rounders.

Comment

He better look wow against a Lightweight prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                khan is done at the elite level. he will have a wow performance I am sure, because this fight was made exactly for that reason. when he faces someone his own size, he goes down. he just will never be on top, no matter how badly he thinks he is there or has been there.
                And you base your opinion on what?

Comment

He just needs to win and be humble.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    he needs paladin like armor on his chin, or else!

Comment

Originally posted by KingKhan1 View Post
                      And you base your opinion on what?

my open eyes...

Comment

Working...
                      X